Vweb showcases its 'Secured Digital Home' Extravaganza at CES 2008Monday, January 7th, 2008
As a leader in MPEG compression and broadband video networking technologies, Vweb will be demonstrating its single chip Quad Channel MPEG-1, 2, 4, H.263 and H.264 A/V CODEC solutions for the “Secured Digital Home”. The applications include IP Camera, DVR, Mobile video and IP-STB
CUPERTINO, CA — As a leader in MPEG compression and broadband video networking technologies, Vweb will be demonstrating its single chip Quad Channel MPEG-1, 2, 4, H.263 and H.264 A/V CODEC solutions for the “Secured Digital Home”. The applications include IP Camera Home Surveillance, multiple channel Digital Video Recorders (DVR), Video Door Bell Home Security server, IP Conferencing, Mobile TV, IP Movie, IPTV and IP-STB Products. Vweb’s private demo suites at CES2008 are located at Polo Towers, 3745 Las Vegas Blvd., South Las Vegas, Nevada 89109.
The private suite demo will feature the following products:
Home Video Surveillance:
- Vweb’s latest VW5010 demo: Vweb is introducing its latest single chip QUAD-D1 channel MPEG-1,2 & 4 ASP and H.263 A/V Codec chip family, providing the best cost/performance for the multi-channel Digital Video Recorders market. There are more than 20 alpha and beta site customers globally signed on the new VW5010 reference design and turn key solutions.
- Vweb’s New Reference Design featuring Vweb’s VW3010 single-chip MPEG-1, 2, 4 ASP and H.263 AV Codec with Quad-Stream outputs and Techwell’s TW2835 quad chip, provide a cost-effective solution for low cost multi-channel DVR applications. This solution is being deployed by a major networking company with China telecom and China Netcom in China for the “Global Eye” project
- GE and Everfocus’s 16 D1-channel industrial DVR surveillance embedded solutions are based on 16 Vweb’s VW2010 chips and Vweb’s VIP software player.
- Handsome’s 8 channel industrial DVR campus surveillance embedded solutions are based on 8 Vweb’s VW2010 chips.
- Advantech and Telsignal’s 16 D1-channel home DVR surveillance solutions are based on 16 VW2005 chips and Vweb’s VIP software Player.
- iSafe’s IP-Camera Home Surveillance solution is based on Vweb’s VW2005 solution.
IP Movie, IPTV and IP-STB Products:
- The Sumitomo Stream Cruiser IPSTB has been deployed by NTT Communications for “OCN Theater” video distribution service and NTT East and NTT West’s “Plala.TV” Video on Demand services in Japan for more than three years based on Vweb’s VW2010 MPEG-1, 2, 4 & H.263 A/V Codec Chip. The majority of more than 500,000 VoD subscribers have been enjoying the high quality and reliable video on demand services over the Fiber to the Home (FTTH) broadband with Sumitomo’s IPSTB with “Vweb in Heart”.
- The IBM’s Dual Mode Cable & IPSTB has been deployed by China Netcom and China Telecom, based on Vweb’s VW2010 chip solution for Video On Demand services in China.
- The TVBlob’s two-way interactive IP-STB features IP Video Conference and PVR functions with Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC) and Picture in Picture (PIP) functions, embedded in Vweb’s VW2010, have been deployed by Fast Web in Italy and Cisco, Italy and showcased in “The Italy and Silicon Valley Connection Experiences” at Cisco, San Jose recently.
- The Gaozhi’s downloadable IP Movie IP-STB, deployed by Shanghai Cable, features High Quality MPEG-4 IP Movies at 1Mbps for 52″ TV viewing.
- iPac’s Mini- PCI H.264 AV Decoder card based on Vweb’s VW4012 MPEG-1, 2, 4 ASP and H.264 AV Decoder, will be deployed by a major PC company in China with China Telecom & China Netcom in their IPTV services for farmers in China as a thin client IPTV Information and Entertainment box
The two way video communication, fixed & Mobile convergence and Broadcast & Telco convergence are the vision of video communication over the broadband by year 2010. All these functions could be realized by Vweb’s VW2010, VW3010, VW4010,VW5010 and VW7010 families of products with multiple audio and video standards MPEG-1, 2, 4, H.263 and H.264 AV Codec and Transcoding chips before year 2008.
- Adigit’s Gogomedia, Your Media on the Go, featuring Location-free TV, PVR, Digital Media Adaptor (DMA), Wireless router and IP-CAM Surveillance functions, are based on Vweb VW2010 AV Codec and its multiple compression standards and multiple streaming formats support for Notebook, PDA, Personal Media Player (PMP) and Cellular phones.
- Action’s TV Anywhere Media Server and Software Player or PMP player are based on Vweb’s VW2005 encoder and VW2002 decoder for a reliable end to end video distribution for space and time shifted TV.
Please join us at CES 2008 for a private demonstration at Polo Towers. Appointments are available from: 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M on Monday, January 7 through Wednesday, January 9, 2008. We look forward to seeing you at Polo Towers in Las Vegas for a successful Vweb “Secured Digital Home” Showcase at CES 2008, Las Vegas!