Antik to unveil details of Android-powered home gateway at TV ConnectMonday, March 18th, 2013
Antik’s Revolutionary Home Gateway Powered by Android Coming Soon
- European Provider of IPTV solutions informs about high-end Android home gateway Juice Extreme II.
- Smart device with multi-tuner DVB-T/S2/C is based on revolutionary chipset Orly STiH416 SoC with extreme performance for multiscreen experience.
SLOVAKIA — Antik Technology, a Slovakia-based manufacturer of IPTV devices, unveils details about revolutionary Android home gateway Juice Extreme II with integrated chipset Orly STiH416 SoC by STMicroelectronics for streaming and transcoding 4 channels in real time to home smart devices (tablets, smartphones, etc.). Antik’s device with multi-tuner DVB-T, DVB-C and DVB-S2 is characterized by extreme performance needed for multiscreen experience.
“Heart of Juice Extreme II is revolutionary Orly StiH416 SoC that allows to viewers truly amazing home entertainment multiscreen experience. Combining the leading performance of Orly and Antik’s device we will bring to our customers high performance product that gives them easy access to the vast world of premium content and internet based entertainment, as well as personal content,” explains Igor Kolla, CEO Antik Technology.
Home gateway Juice Extreme II will be capable of:
- broadcasting OTT internet content,
- multiscreen simultaneous HD multimedia streaming,
- to transcode and transrate 4 channels in real time,
- powered by Android operating system
- Apps including 3D, HD games,
- 3D user interfaces,
- 3D HD media,
- networking of media throughout the home via standards such as DLNA or RVU,
- HDMI input.
The Orly STiH416 supports the new ways that people want to use the web, watch TV, to share their own digital content and network with friends while at home. Its heart is the dual-core ARM® Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ application processor and ARM® Mali™-400MP quad-core graphics processor enable the system-on-chip to manage software environments such as Android™, HTML5, Adobe® AIR® and Qt for optimized playback of content and applications, and to handle 3D graphics for advanced user interfaces, gaming and 3DTV. The STiH416’s high-performance flexible multimedia processing subsystem is able to decode multiple H.264 full HD as well as many other video standards such as DivX, Multi View coding (MVC) 3DTV, and Google WebM, etc.; all with the outstanding Faroudja™ video-image quality.
Antik plans to exhibit at the next TV Connect from March 19 – 21. 2013 and the 21th China Content Broadcasting Network Exhibiton – CCBN2013 in Beijing from March 21 – 23. 2013.