Morega demonstrates Ultra HD 4K media mobility on ViXS XCode 6400 SoCFriday, December 27th, 2013
Morega Demonstrates World’s First Ultra HD 4K Media Mobility Solution on the ViXS XCode 6400 SoC Platform
- Leverages 10-bit HEVC to Deliver Ultimate Viewing Experience to Consumers Regardless of Device or Location
TORONTO — 2014 International CES — Content producers, consumer electronics manufacturers and service providers worldwide are scrambling to meet surging consumer demand for premium viewing experiences incorporating Ultra HD 4K video. Continuing its mission to take TV beyond the TV, Morega Systems Inc. today announced that it has successfully demonstrated the industry’s first Ultra HD 4K media mobility solution, enabling consumers to enjoy the world’s most stunning video on any screen.
As a proven leader, Morega worked with long-term partner ViXS Systems Inc. (TSX: VXS) to be first to market with an Ultra HD 4K solution. ViXS’ 8th-generation XCode 6400 10-bit High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) Ultra HD System-on-Chip (SoC) is the first chip available on the market to meet the challenges of 10-bit media processing in a single low-power, cost-effective package – driving the transition to Ultra HD across the entire content distribution value chain. The XCode 6400 delivers Ultra HD 4K content at the full resolution of 3840×2160 up to 60 frames per second in Main 10 Profile. The 10-bit HEVC processing enables greater than 1 billion colors, creating smoother color transitions that resolve color-banding issues plaguing lower bit-depth formats.
Morega’s solution takes the pristine picture of Ultra HD beyond the big-screen TV to all the other screens that matter to consumers, both inside and outside of the home, in either streaming format or as a file transfer for offline viewing. Morega has a complete system that includes:
- a Media Mobility application embedded on video source devices (e.g. IP video gateway),
- applications for all mainstream consumer device platforms (iOS, Android, MacOS, Windows), and
- servers in the cloud to handle user & device management, remote access, and capture of usage-based statistics with analytics.
Using Morega’s field-proven technology, customers can rapidly deploy reliable and scalable media mobility solutions that delight consumers, creating higher satisfaction, improved stickiness, and incremental revenue.
“Consumers today require the content they love to always be available – regardless of device or location,” noted Morega CEO Buddy Snow. “Morega has been leading the development of seamless media mobility for almost a decade, and the achievement announced today – and made possible by ViXS’ extraordinary XCode 6400 SoC – further illustrates our commitment to helping enrich consumers’ lives through innovation.”
Morega will showcase its Ultra HD 4K solution in the ViXS booth at the 2014 International CES, January 7-10, at the Las Vegas Convention Center (South Hall 2 – MP25953).
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics