IPTV reaches 6.7 million subscribers in South East AsiaFriday, December 22nd, 2017
As any other Asian regions, South East Asian markets consist mainly of cable and satellite connections. However, Dataxis noticed the increasing share of IPTV subscribers in Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. With a 6% increase between July and September, the IPTV segment now represents 6,7 million subscribers.
Despite its leading position, Vietnam is not the most dynamic market among South East Asian countries: its IPTV operators are meeting increasing difficulties to challenge traditional cable and satellite operators, particularly for content acquisition reasons. Most of the growth on the IPTV market is coming from Indonesia where the market leader Telkom Indonesia offers IPTV services as bundle to its fibre and voice offers. The company experienced an 8% QoQ growth to 1.8 million subscribers, remaining the biggest IPTV provider among South East Asian countries.
Altogether, IPTV represents 19% of the Pay-TV market for this region which grew by 3% to 35.8 million subscribers in the third quarter of 2017.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store