Sky and Netflix join forces as Ultimate On Demand comes to Sky QWednesday, September 19th, 2018
It’s time to start stockpiling popcorn. In November, Netflix is coming to Sky Q and with it a new Sky subscription pack: Ultimate On Demand.
Ultimate On Demand will be the UK’s biggest on demand TV service, bringing together for the first time Sky Box Sets, which boasts 400 of the best UK and US series, and the full Netflix service with its great range of global entertainment.
In one seamless package you’ll be able to access Sky original productions such as Patrick Melrose, Save Me and Tin Star, and US hits like HBO’s Game of Thrones and Showtime’s Billions, alongside Netflix’s original dramas, films, comedies and documentaries, which include The Crown, Stranger Things, The Kissing Booth, Making a Murderer and Queer Eye.
This integration means it’ll be easier than ever to find what you love and discover hidden gems. Recommendations for Sky and Netflix shows will share the spotlight on Sky Q’s homepage. And with Sky Q’s super-smart search function it’ll be a breeze to set sail for Riviera, catch up on Narcos or binge-watch Bulletproof.
Ultimate On Demand will be £10 a month for all new and existing customers alongside their Sky Q subscription, and with a 31-day rolling contract available, it’s both flexible and great value. Existing Sky Q customers with Netflix will be able to easily move their account to the new pack or sign in to the Netflix app on Sky Q using their existing Netflix account details.
Stephen van Rooyen, Chief Executive Officer, Sky UK and Ireland, said: “We want Sky Q to be the number one destination for TV fans. Partnering with Netflix means we will have all the best TV in one great value pack, making it even easier for you to watch all of your favourite shows.
Chris Whiteley, Director Business Development UK/IE, Netflix, said: “Innovation is at the core of Netflix. We are delighted to partner with Sky to offer fans a new and exciting way to access the best of entertainment from around the world.”
Customers with a Sky Q Entertainment subscription will get Netflix’s Standard plan (HD 2 streams) and Sky Box Sets in HD as part of Ultimate On Demand. And customers with Sky Q’s premium subscription, Sky Q Experience (multi-room viewing and Ultra HD), will enjoy Netflix’s Premium plan (Ultra HD, 4 streams) – that’s more than 2,000 hours of Ultra HD content across Sky and Netflix.
Payment for the Ultimate On Demand pack will be added to customers’ monthly Sky bills, making it easier than ever to sign up and removing the need for separate payments for each service.
Titles available to download can be watched on the go, with Sky shows available through the Sky Go app and Netflix shows through the Netflix app.
• Sky+ customers need to upgrade to Sky Q to be able to access Netflix through their set top box.
• To access Ultra HD content on Sky Q, customers must have a 2TB Sky Q box, and a “Sky Q Experience” (previously Q Multiscreen) subscription.
• Customers with an existing Netflix subscription that migrate their existing Netflix account to their new UOD account will keep their existing Netflix profiles and recommendations and continue to be able to watch Netflix on all their usual Netflix-supported devices.
• The Netflix app will be available on the Sky Q platform and Netflix members can sign in to watch using their existing accounts.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store