Global SVOD revenues climb to $35 billionMonday, November 12th, 2018
SVOD revenues across 138 countries will reach $35.04 billion in 2018. That’s $10 billion more than the 2017 total and more than triple the 2015 total.
Simon Murray, Principal Analyst at Digital TV Research, said: “No surprises that the US is the top earning country. However, its influence is diminishing as other countries start to catch up. The US contributed 56% of the global revenues in 2015, but this proportion will fall to 48% in 2018. Despite this, the US will add more than $10 billion in revenues over this period.”
Source: Digital TV Research
Digital TV Research expects 474 million SVOD subscriptions globally by end-2018. This is up by 108 million from a year earlier and up by 304 million on the end-2015 total.
These figures are gross subscriptions. One household/subscriber can have more than one subscription. The SVOD Databook report provides estimates for paying subscriptions for 138 countries.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store