Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LGTuesday, May 21st, 2019
Fraunhofer IIS Licenses MPEG-H Audio Patents to LG Electronics
ERLANGEN, Germany — Fraunhofer IIS is pleased to announce the licensing of its MPEG-H Audio patents to LG Electronics Inc., allowing LG to produce products which feature MPEG-H Audio.
The MPEG-H Audio system, substantially developed by Fraunhofer IIS, is specified in TV broadcast standards such as ATSC 3.0 and DVB. Moreover, MPEG-H Audio has already been successfully tested in many European countries where digital television systems are based on Digital Video Broadcasting.
Other attractive sources of MPEG-H content are immersive music and video streaming services such as those recently announced at CES 2019 in Las Vegas.
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028