Trace develops OTT platform with Molotov SolutionsMonday, October 5th, 2020
Trace partners with Molotov Solutions to develop its OTT platform worldwide
- Using the Molotov platform, TracePlay will offer more than 25 live TV channels, 100 radio channels and some 1,000 hours of on-demand content
PARIS, France — Trace, the international media group dedicated to empowerment and entertainment of afro-urban people, has entrusted Molotov Solutions to develop and operate the new version of its OTT platform, TracePlay.
Using the Molotov platform, TracePlay will offer more than 25 live TV channels, 100 radio channels and some 1,000 hours of on-demand content. The platform will be distributed in 180 countries (a first for Molotov), notably in Africa, Europe, Caribbean and North and South America. When it launches early Q2 2021, it will be available in French, English and Portuguese.
TracePlay will benefit from Molotov Solution’s full application suite which has already attracted about 12 million users in France. Molotov’s technology will allow TracePlay to empower its audiences to connect with Afro-urban culture seamlessly using:
- A video platform in the cloud with Live, Replay and On Demand;
- A complete back office suite with interface control, content editorialization, users and offers management, and data analysis;
- A flexible and robust API that seamlessly interconnects with third party applications (CRM, analytics, payments) and telecom operators to promote Trace’s content offerings on STBs and to propose a SSO login and carrier billing to users;
- Mobile and tablet applications (iOS and Android), responsive browser-based web application and on large screens with Chromecast, Android TV and Apple TV;
- A proprietary video player compatible with ABR (adaptive bitrate streaming), multilingual and integrating features such as pause/resume, Start Over (return to the beginning of the current live program in 1 click), fast forward and rewind, channel hopping;
- Flagship features such as multi-language, delinearization of streaming programs, radio and podcasts, personality tracking, “Watch List”, In-App-Purchase, parental control, and many more.
“The digital and non-linear consumption of TV and radio channels and content continues to grow, especially among young and urban audiences who particularly enjoy Trace. We chose Molotov Solutions for the quality of its technical platform and the expertise of its team. Together, we will build the most beautiful audiovisual experience of afro-urban entertainment”, said Olivier Laouchez, CEO of Trace.
“We are very pleased to support Trace in the strategic acceleration of its OTT services. This is a very comprehensive and global project, which demonstrates the scope of Molotov Solutions’ services and the capabilities of its team in France and internationally”, said François Le Pichon, COO of Molotov Solutions.