Rogers adds 71,000 Ignite TV subscribers in 4Q 2020Thursday, January 28th, 2021
19,000 net new Internet subscribers, 71,000 net new Ignite TV™ subscribers in quiet selling period
TORONTO — Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX:RCI.A; RCI.B)(NYSE: RCI) today announced its unaudited financial and operating results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2020.
Cable revenue increased by 3% this quarter as a result of the movement of Internet customers from our legacy Internet to our Ignite Internet offerings and service pricing changes and discipline.
Selected 2020 Highlights
- Attracted 245,000 net Wireless postpaid subscribers, 57,000 net Internet subscribers, and 218,000 net Ignite TV subscribers.
- Launched Ignite™ SmartStream™, an entertainment add-on for Ignite Internet™ customers, to give customers access to their favourite streaming services in one place.
- Launched 14 new apps and subscription video on-demand services on Ignite TV and expanded free content on Ignite TV with the introduction of new apps, including Fun at Home and Health at Home, tubi, XITE, and zone-ify.
- Launched access to Amazon Music on Ignite TV so customers can listen to their favourite music, as well as thousands of playlists and stations.
- Expanded our cable network through the acquisition of Cable Cable Inc. and Ruralwave Inc., local telecommunications companies in the Ontario Kawartha Lakes region, and announced partnerships with Southwestern Integrated Fibre Technology (SWIFT) to bring services to underserved communities in the Regional Municipality of Waterloo and Dufferin, Norfolk, Oxford, and Simcoe counties in Ontario
Subscriber Results – Ignite TV
2020 Q4'20 Q3'20 Q2'20 Q1'20 2019 Q4'19 Q3'19 Q2'19 Q1'19 ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- Net additions 218 71 38 18 91 284 106 65 66 47 Total subscribers ** 544 544 473 435 417 326 326 220 155 89