New release of Latens ECO IPTV Middleware Enables IPTV Operators to Extend Reach to all Home DevicesMonday, September 8th, 2008
Release 4.0 boasts new features and significant enhancements for a more compelling IPTV viewer experience and increased operator flexibility
BELFAST, UK — Latens, world leader in next generation software Conditional Access (CA) and middleware for Pay-TV, today announces the IBC launch of release 4.0 of Latens ECOsystem (ECO), the software secured IPTV service delivery platform. Version 4.0 has enhanced user features and a widened scope, enabling IPTV operators to deploy ECO on all platforms and to provide service to all devices within the home.
ECO is a high performance, state of the art IPTV service delivery solution that combines middleware and conditional access functions in a single platform. ECO is highly customisable, allowing operators to adapt the system to their unique competitive demands and to continue to innovate as their business develops. It can also be deployed as a pre-configured system, allowing operators to get to market quickly and at a lower cost.
ECO 4.0 has many advantages for both operator and subscriber, the most immediately visible of which is a second generation User Interface (UI). This UI provides a new and compelling viewer experience, with richer content, advanced graphics and an enhanced EPG. The new release also provides real operator benefits, such as a more intuitive middleware platform, making it simpler to manage the IPTV system and to change and update the consumers’ UI.
An additional key feature of ECO 4.0 is that it secures the extension of the Pay-TV experience to the home computer. This important new feature, which is already gaining a high-level of customer interest, means that Latens’ middleware now fully enables a truly secure and flexible home network of STBs, PVRs and PCs.
“ECO 4.0 is a great leap forward in the evolution of our middleware product,” says Jason Rogers, CTO, Latens. “This is the first of many significant advances in our product roadmap that will be of great interest and benefit to all IPTV service operators. We are now the only software CA provider that can enable a real TV experience on all devices within the home over a truly secure home network environment; a great advantage for operators, content providers and consumers.”
Operator Benefits of ECO 4.0:
- Fully scalable & feature rich IPTV service: enabling live TV, H.264, SD/HD, Music, Games, DVR and multi-box and PC connected home, with VOD and interactive web portal applications.
- Quality of Experience: ECO 4.0’s advanced graphics offer a more compelling viewer experience and user interface for ease of navigation, selection and viewing of services.
- Reduced integration and capital investment costs: ECO provides middleware functions with best in class conditional access (CA) in a single system, removing additional and costly integration and accelerating the roadmap of new services to new consumer devices
- Highly differentiated and localised service: with ECO options are available for increased customisation and insertion of local content, providing IPTV operators with greater competitive advantages against cable and satellite.
- Risk free solution: Latens Middleware and CA technologies are proven and deployed, and already approved by the content community.
- Open standards: mean that operators can develop or add high customer demand applications and meet their business goals.
- Flexible and Scalable Architecture: designed from the outset to support large networks with multi-regional, multi-partner business models and multiple variations in services, channel line-up and EPG styles.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution