Telenor (Canal Digital) Third Quarter 2008Wednesday, October 29th, 2008
FORNEBU — Revenues for Telenor (Oslo:TEL) in the first three quarters of 2008 increased by NOK 2,094 million, or 3%, mainly related to growth in number of subscriptions in Asian operations, a positive one-time effect in DTAC in the second quarter of NOK 400 million, as well as the acquisition of IS Partner in Norway and Tele2 in Denmark.
Revenues in the Canal Digital Group increased primarily due to higher sales of additional services to Cable TV subscribers, in addition to hardware sales and price increases for DTH and Cable TV subscribers.
No. of subscriptions:
Change Total First Total 3rd quarter Three quarters Year ----------- -------------- ----- 2008 2007 2008 2007 2007 ---- ---- ----- ----- ----- DTH TV 4 2 1,125 1,128 1,131 Cable TV 7 4 741 701 705
Revenues and EBITDA in Transmission & Encryption increased due to higher revenues from satellite transmission following the 2008 investment in the new satellite Thor 5, sale of capacity for the remaining life of the satellite Thor 2, digital terrestrial TV (DTT) transmission, and increased sales of conditional access cards. The analogue transmission network shut off in Norway was carried out in the fi rst region in March 2008, and is expected to be completed in November 2009.
More: Earnings Release
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution