Digital TV News: 8K Association
MainConcept to demo cloud-ready 8K encoding at NAB Show 2022
Apr 20, 2022 – At their NAB Show booth, MainConcept will highlight their advancements in 8K-optimized cloud encoding and illustrate why MainConcept’s technologies are essential ingredients used in processing over 90% of today’s professional videos.
News categories: MainConcept, Deacon Johnson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
8K Association updates Certified 8K TV specification
Dec 23, 2021 – The 8K Association (8KA) has published an updated performance specification for the 8K Association Certified mark program. The updated specification adds new decoding requirements, new image quality metrics and a game mode.
News categories: 8K Association, KG Lee, Pete Sellar, Chris Chinnock, Ben Waggoner, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
Jul 26, 2021 – The 8K Association has revealed that there are now over seventy 8K TVs certified by the 8KA. This includes nearly 50 models launched in the first half of 2021 from three of the world's top TV brands – Hisense, Samsung, and TCL.
News categories: 8K Association, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
8K Association updates logo scheme specification for TVs
Jan 4, 2021 – The 8K Association has published an updated performance specification for the 8K Association Certified mark program. The program now recognizes a broader set of video decoding standards for 8K content.
News categories: Samsung, 8K Association, Dan Schinasi, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Samsung and 8K Association launch Certification Program
Jan 1, 2020 – Samsung has partnered with the 8K Association (8KA) to establish a certification program to distinguish 8K-enabled TVs and other devices. Samsung’s QLED 8K will be among the first TVs to be certified this year, bearing the new logo.
News categories: Samsung, 8K Association, Hyogun Lee, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
8K Association announces performance specification for consumer TVs
Aug 29, 2019 – The 8K Association (8KA) has announced that key performance attributes for 8K televisions have been defined as part of the 8KA technical program. Performance criteria were created in concert with the association’s membership.
News categories: 8K Association, Chris Chinnock, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
8K Association formed to help develop 8K ecosystem
Jan 8, 2019 – A group of display technology brands have come together at CES 2019 to form the 8K Association (8KA). The group recently signed an MOU to form the non-profit organization to advance their common vision and mission.
News categories: 8K Association, Hyogun Lee, Dr. Weidong Liu, Chris Larson, WeiLung Liau, Michiko Ogawa, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management