Digital TV News: BT plc
Accenture Video Solution selected as OTT platform by BT TV
Sep 7, 2016 – BT TV has selected the Accenture Video Solution (AVS) platform to support its BT TV offerings. The Accenture platform supports both live streaming and VOD, delivering a high-quality user experience across multiple devices.
News categories: Accenture, BT plc, Sef Tuma, Greg McCall, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, UK
Freesat now in 1.7 million UK homes
May 1, 2013 – Freesat, the UK's free-to-air digital satellite television provider has announced 2012/13 results. Having added c.150,000 homes in the last 12 months, Freesat remains the UK's fastest growing established TV platform, and continues to outgrow Pay-TV rivals.
News categories: Freesat, Market Research, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
thePlatform selected by BT as Central Video Logistics System for TV
Mar 14, 2013 – thePlatform has disclosed that its cloud-based video publishing system, mpx, is serving as the central logistics system for BT's newest IP-based TV services in the UK, including BT Vision and YouView from BT.
News categories: thePlatform, BT plc, Content Distribution, IPTV, OTT, UK
Demand for Digital Entertainment and Growing Internet Users to Drive Global Market for Internet TV
May 3, 2012 – According to GIA, the market for Internet TV is forecast to reach US$81.2 billion by the year 2017, driven by soaring demand for digital media entertainment, growing penetration of high-bandwidth broadband, and rapid proliferation of Internet-enabled devices.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, OTT
- Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
- SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
- ZEASN announces content monetization partners for WhaleLive
- Bitcentral enables Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cowles Broadcasting on NewsON
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Plex raises $50 million from investor Intercap
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming