Digital TV News: Canoe
Canoe adds Frontier to its dynamic ad insertion platform
Oct 28, 2019 – Canoe Ventures has added Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) to its footprint of VOD-DAI enabled television distributors. Frontier joins Charter (NASDAQ:CHTR), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and Cox as the fourth MVPD to utilize Canoe’s Service Assurance platform.
News categories: Canoe, Frontier Communications, Joel Hassell, Marcien Jenckes, James Frogameni, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
NCC Media rebrands as Ampersand; updates products
Sep 23, 2019 – NCC Media is changing its name to Ampersand. At the same time, the company is introducing several solutions for programmers and advertisers at this year's Advertising Week Conference in New York.
News categories: Ampersand, Nicolle Pangis, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Cable Industry Brands Interactivity with ExpandTV
Oct 17, 2011 – Canoe Ventures has announced on behalf of the cable industry the availability of the ExpandTV™ implementation guidelines, a major milestone in the development of the interactive television (ITV) marketplace.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
CableLabs® Joins with SCTE to Demo 'Tools' at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo® SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2010
Sep 29, 2010 – CableLabs® will join with the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) to host a booth featuring a number of operational tools and support software at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo® in New Orleans October 20-22.
News categories: CableLabs, SCTE, Cable TV, Gateway, Middleware, SCTE•ISBE, USA
Cable Industry Launches SelecTV™ Brand to Promote Viewer Adoption Of ITV
May 10, 2010 – The U.S. cable industry has announced the launch of 'SelecTV™,' a consumer-facing brand that will appear on-screen to indicate the availability of interactive television content.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, SelecTV, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
CableLabs® and Canoe Ventures Announce Completion of New EBIF IO6 Specification
Feb 8, 2010 – CableLabs® and Canoe Ventures have announced the completion and issuance of the latest EBIF specification. This new version (IO6) features functionality developed to meet competitive interactive television market requirements.
News categories: CableLabs, Canoe Ventures, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Zodiac's EBIF Plays With Everyone
Jan 18, 2010 – Zodiac Interactive has announced that its EBIF (Enhanced TV Binary Interchange Format) player is successfully operating using applications from multiple vendors and development environments within the cable iTV ecosystem.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
CableLab® Announces Next in Series of Interactive and Advanced Advertising Specifications
Jul 1, 2009 – CableLabs® has announced the issuance of a new set of specifications called the Stewardship and Fulfillment Interfaces (SaFI), created to further the development of cable advertising and other interactive products.
News categories: CableLabs, Advertising, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, USA
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation