Digital TV News: Communications Authority of Kenya
Kenya consults on IPTV set-top box specification
Oct 31, 2017 – The Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) has issued licenses to a number of service providers to offer IPTV and VoD. Alongside this, the CA has now developed draft technical specifications for IPTV STBs to ensure reliability and acceptable quality.
News categories: Communications Authority of Kenya, Digital TV, IPTV, Kenya, Set Top Box
Kenya announces analogue TV switch off dates
Nov 28, 2014 – The Communications Authority of Kenya together with the country's Ministry of Information Communication and Technology have announced dates for the phased switch off of analogue television signals.
News categories: Communications Authority of Kenya, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Eight new broadcasters apply for DTT licences in Kenya
Nov 19, 2014 – According to Kenya's Government Gazette, eight companies have applied to the Communications Authority of Kenya for new Broadcasting licences under the Kenya Information and Communications Act.
News categories: Communications Authority of Kenya, Kenya, Regulation, Terrestrial
Kenya's digital TV uptake at 18 per cent
Aug 6, 2014 – Kenya's Communications Authority has told the country's Star newspaper that take up of digital terrestrial TV set-top boxes nationwide now stands at 18%, with conversion in Nairobi largely complete.
News categories: Communications Authority, Digital TV, Kenya, Market Research, Terrestrial
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand