Digital TV News: Communications Authority of Kenya
Kenya consults on IPTV set-top box specification
Oct 31, 2017 – The Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) has issued licenses to a number of service providers to offer IPTV and VoD. Alongside this, the CA has now developed draft technical specifications for IPTV STBs to ensure reliability and acceptable quality.
News categories: Communications Authority of Kenya, Digital TV, IPTV, Kenya, Set Top Box
Kenya announces analogue TV switch off dates
Nov 28, 2014 – The Communications Authority of Kenya together with the country's Ministry of Information Communication and Technology have announced dates for the phased switch off of analogue television signals.
News categories: Communications Authority of Kenya, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Eight new broadcasters apply for DTT licences in Kenya
Nov 19, 2014 – According to Kenya's Government Gazette, eight companies have applied to the Communications Authority of Kenya for new Broadcasting licences under the Kenya Information and Communications Act.
News categories: Communications Authority of Kenya, Kenya, Regulation, Terrestrial
Kenya's digital TV uptake at 18 per cent
Aug 6, 2014 – Kenya's Communications Authority has told the country's Star newspaper that take up of digital terrestrial TV set-top boxes nationwide now stands at 18%, with conversion in Nairobi largely complete.
News categories: Communications Authority, Digital TV, Kenya, Market Research, Terrestrial
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software