Digital TV News: Digital Citizens Alliance
Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
Aug 6, 2020 – Digital Citizens Alliance and NAGRA have released a report showing how illegal piracy subscription services in the U.S has grown into a billion-dollar industry providing TV to at least nine million U.S. households.
News categories: Digital Citizens Alliance, NAGRA, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Hackers using piracy devices and apps to infect users with malware
Apr 25, 2019 – Hackers are tapping into a growing consumer trend, the use of illicit devices and apps to access pirated movies, TV shows and live programming, to spread malware and exploit unsuspecting users, a Digital Citizens Alliance investigation has found.
News categories: Digital Citizens Alliance, Dark Wolfe Consulting, Tom Galvin, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment formed to reduce online piracy
Jun 13, 2017 – Thirty content creators and on-demand entertainment companies from around the world have launched the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE), a global coalition dedicated to protecting the legal market for creative content and reducing online piracy.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021