Digital TV News: Hearst Television
Triveni Digital powers NextGen TV at first Hearst station
Jan 5, 2021 – Hearst Television is deploying a software-based ATSC 3.0 solution from Triveni Digital for WMOR-TV in Tampa, Florida. WMOR-TV is the first Hearst station in the multimedia company's transition to NextGen TV.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Hearst, Ralph Bachofen, Brian Darragh, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
Dec 1, 2020 – Local TV stations in Florida have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV along the gulf coast. WMOR-TV will serve as the host station for NEXTGEN TV signals from WMOR-TV, WFTS-TV, WFLA-TV, WTSP-TV, and WTVT-TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV begins for five local TV stations in Oklahoma City
Oct 8, 2020 – Five local TV stations in Oklahoma City - KOCO-TV, KFOR-TV, KOKH-TV, KOCB and KAUT - have begun broadcasting with ATSC 3.0. Oklahoma City is the seventh launch of ATSC 3.0 for BitPath this year.
News categories: BitPath, Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar Media, KOCO-TV, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, Brent Hensley, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
Feb 6, 2020 – Pearl TV has welcomed Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) as the organization’s ninth member, a move that boosts the reach of Pearl-member stations to nearly half of all broadcast television stations in the United States.
News categories: Pearl TV, Sinclair Broadcast, Anne Schelle, Chris Ripley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen completes overhaul of Local TV measurement
Oct 3, 2019 – Nielsen announced that it has integrated advanced metering, big data and people-powered panels into its Local TV measurement service. The transformation delivers metrics that are representative of what people are actually viewing in local broadcast markets.
News categories: Nielsen, Catherine Herkovic, Wendy McMahon, Kathy Doyle, Kevin Stuart, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
Sep 18, 2019 – Hearst Television has announced that its stations will begin transacting advertising-sales agreements based on audience impressions – a metric reflecting a program's viewer numbers and the common audience-measurement currency for video-viewing platforms.
News categories: Hearst Television, Jordan Wertlieb, Eric Meyrowitz, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Fox Corp and ad agencies join Project OAR addressable TV consortium
Jun 13, 2019 – Fox Corporation has joined the Project OAR addressable TV advertising consortium. In addition, Project OAR has formed an Agency Advisory Committee with participation from Publicis Media, Omnicom Media Group, GroupM, IPG/Magna, Dentsu Aegis Network, Havas and Horizon Media.
News categories: Project OAR, Fox Corp, Dan Callahan, Jonathan Steuer, Helen Katz, Zeev Neumeier, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
FreeWheel to help Hearst Television bring video inventory to advertisers
Apr 8, 2019 – Hearst Television and FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) have announced that they have partnered to offer an OTT video solution to advertisers. Hearst Anyscreen, Hearst's OTT advertising product, will use FreeWheel’s Monetization and Revenue Management platform for access to OTT video inventory.
News categories: FreeWheel, Hearst, James Rooke, Adam Noble, Jason DeMarco, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product