Digital TV News: Horowitz Research
Linear programming lives on as FAST channels make gains in the U.S.
Jul 15, 2021 – Despite the proliferation of subscription streaming services in the U.S. streaming market, ad-supported streaming options continue to gain momentum, according to a Horowitz Research report.
News categories: Horowitz, Adriana Waterston, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
Jun 23, 2021 – According to a Horowitz Research survey, U.S. consumers are feeling the pain of chaos (too many streaming services) and fatigue as content is unpredictably fragmented across numerous, access-restricted streams.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Howard Horowitz, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
U.S. antenna penetration grows 38% in 2020
Feb 9, 2021 – According to Horowitz Research's State of OTA 2020 study, 40% of U.S. TV content viewers 18+ report owning an antenna, up 29% Y-o-Y. This translates to approximately 48.4 million households with an antenna.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Stephanie Wong, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Streaming eclipses traditional TV among U.S. adult streamers
Sep 25, 2019 – The share of U.S. adult TV viewers who stream at least some of their TV content has plateaued at around 65%, according to Horowitz Research. Among the 2 in 3 adult Americans who stream, however, there is a growing reliance on streamed content.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
One-third of U.S. TV content viewers report owning an antenna
Apr 24, 2019 – The latest data from Horowitz Research reveal that while TV content viewers in the U.S. are experimenting with new streaming services like YouTube TV, Sling TV, and others, a traditional viewing technology is re-emerging: antennas.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Stephanie Wong, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
Competition from dMVPDs puts new spin on U.S. market for pay TV subs
Jun 6, 2018 – Three-quarters (76%) of U.S. TV content viewers report subscribing to a traditional pay TV—cable, satellite, or telco—service, down from 86% in 2014, reveals the latest data from Horowitz Research’s State of Pay TV, OTT and SVOD report.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, USA, UX
Horowitz to release State of dMVPDs study
Jun 27, 2017 – Today, 70% of U.S. TV viewers 18+ stream at least some of the content they watch, according to Horowitz Research. The introduction of Hulu with Live TV and YouTube TV signal a new era of competition to traditional cable, satellite, and fiber optic TV providers.
News categories: Horowitz, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Streaming far surpasses VOD as the go-to source for on demand content
Apr 27, 2017 – The rise of streaming is being driven largely by the increase of streaming to the TV set, reveals the latest data from Horowitz Research’s State of Pay TV, OTT and SVOD study released to clients last week.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Stephanie Wong, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
RCN launches Hulu as a channel
May 19, 2016 – RCN has announced a partnership with Hulu to enable its customers to watch Hulu programming as a channel through the same set-top box used to watch Live TV. Previously, RCN was the first cable provider to integrate Netflix into the channel lineup.
News categories: RCN, Hulu, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope