Digital TV News: Horowitz Research
Linear programming lives on as FAST channels make gains in the U.S.
Jul 15, 2021 – Despite the proliferation of subscription streaming services in the U.S. streaming market, ad-supported streaming options continue to gain momentum, according to a Horowitz Research report.
News categories: Horowitz, Adriana Waterston, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
Jun 23, 2021 – According to a Horowitz Research survey, U.S. consumers are feeling the pain of chaos (too many streaming services) and fatigue as content is unpredictably fragmented across numerous, access-restricted streams.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Howard Horowitz, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
U.S. antenna penetration grows 38% in 2020
Feb 9, 2021 – According to Horowitz Research's State of OTA 2020 study, 40% of U.S. TV content viewers 18+ report owning an antenna, up 29% Y-o-Y. This translates to approximately 48.4 million households with an antenna.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Stephanie Wong, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Streaming eclipses traditional TV among U.S. adult streamers
Sep 25, 2019 – The share of U.S. adult TV viewers who stream at least some of their TV content has plateaued at around 65%, according to Horowitz Research. Among the 2 in 3 adult Americans who stream, however, there is a growing reliance on streamed content.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
One-third of U.S. TV content viewers report owning an antenna
Apr 24, 2019 – The latest data from Horowitz Research reveal that while TV content viewers in the U.S. are experimenting with new streaming services like YouTube TV, Sling TV, and others, a traditional viewing technology is re-emerging: antennas.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Stephanie Wong, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
Competition from dMVPDs puts new spin on U.S. market for pay TV subs
Jun 6, 2018 – Three-quarters (76%) of U.S. TV content viewers report subscribing to a traditional pay TV—cable, satellite, or telco—service, down from 86% in 2014, reveals the latest data from Horowitz Research’s State of Pay TV, OTT and SVOD report.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, USA, UX
Horowitz to release State of dMVPDs study
Jun 27, 2017 – Today, 70% of U.S. TV viewers 18+ stream at least some of the content they watch, according to Horowitz Research. The introduction of Hulu with Live TV and YouTube TV signal a new era of competition to traditional cable, satellite, and fiber optic TV providers.
News categories: Horowitz, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Streaming far surpasses VOD as the go-to source for on demand content
Apr 27, 2017 – The rise of streaming is being driven largely by the increase of streaming to the TV set, reveals the latest data from Horowitz Research’s State of Pay TV, OTT and SVOD study released to clients last week.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Stephanie Wong, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
RCN launches Hulu as a channel
May 19, 2016 – RCN has announced a partnership with Hulu to enable its customers to watch Hulu programming as a channel through the same set-top box used to watch Live TV. Previously, RCN was the first cable provider to integrate Netflix into the channel lineup.
News categories: RCN, Hulu, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform