Digital TV News: Horowitz
Linear programming lives on as FAST channels make gains in the U.S.
Jul 15, 2021 – Despite the proliferation of subscription streaming services in the U.S. streaming market, ad-supported streaming options continue to gain momentum, according to a Horowitz Research report.
News categories: Horowitz, Adriana Waterston, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
Jun 23, 2021 – According to a Horowitz Research survey, U.S. consumers are feeling the pain of chaos (too many streaming services) and fatigue as content is unpredictably fragmented across numerous, access-restricted streams.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Howard Horowitz, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
May 3, 2021 – fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) is working with LiveRamp to enhance its addressable advertising capability. LiveRamp's products include privacy-safe subscriber file matching, viewership, and measurement with Data+Math.
News categories: fuboTV, LiveRamp, Diana Horowitz, Pamela Duckworth, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
Apr 6, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) and NCTA have announced an extension through 2025 of the Voluntary Agreement for Ongoing Improvement to the Energy Efficiency of Set-Top Boxes.
News categories: NCTA, Consumer Technology Association, Neal Goldberg, Doug Johnson, Noah Horowitz, Jennifer Amann, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
U.S. antenna penetration grows 38% in 2020
Feb 9, 2021 – According to Horowitz Research's State of OTA 2020 study, 40% of U.S. TV content viewers 18+ report owning an antenna, up 29% Y-o-Y. This translates to approximately 48.4 million households with an antenna.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Stephanie Wong, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Streaming eclipses traditional TV among U.S. adult streamers
Sep 25, 2019 – The share of U.S. adult TV viewers who stream at least some of their TV content has plateaued at around 65%, according to Horowitz Research. Among the 2 in 3 adult Americans who stream, however, there is a growing reliance on streamed content.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
Aug 13, 2019 – Consumers saved approximately $1.6 billion in energy costs in 2018 alone as a result of the voluntary set-top box energy conservation agreement among pay-TV providers, manufacturers, energy efficiency advocates and the CTA and NCTA.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, NCTA, Natural Resources Defense Council, Doug Johnson, Neal Goldberg, Noah Horowitz, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
Aug 12, 2019 – Most of the more than 100 million smart speakers and video streaming devices installed in America’s homes are quite energy efficient, the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) has said in the first independent report on their electricity use.
News categories: NRDC, Noah Horowitz, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
One-third of U.S. TV content viewers report owning an antenna
Apr 24, 2019 – The latest data from Horowitz Research reveal that while TV content viewers in the U.S. are experimenting with new streaming services like YouTube TV, Sling TV, and others, a traditional viewing technology is re-emerging: antennas.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Stephanie Wong, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform