Digital TV News: Kenya Broadcast
Kenya Broadcast's Signet DTT now distributed via AMOS-17
Nov 3, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that Kenya Broadcast Corporation’s Signet DTT service is now being broadcast via its AMOS-17 satellite. Spacecom’s also provided professional services to migrate Signet’s DTT service to AMOS-17.
News categories: Spacecom, Kenya Broadcast, Oren Tepper, Job Karimi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Terrestrial
Kenya invites bids for broadcasting signal distribution licences
Feb 16, 2011 – The Communications Commission of Kenya has advertised a tender for two more digital television signal distribution licences in an effort to fast-track migration from analogue to digital TV broadcasting ahead of Kenya's 2012 switchover deadline.
News categories: Communications Commission of Kenya, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
NGB to partner with KBC to provide Digital Pay TV services in Kenya
Feb 15, 2010 – Next Generation Broadcasting AB (NGB) has confirmed plans to enter the Kenyan market. NGB Kenya will launch its bouquet of Pay TV services under the brand name SMART TV using the latest digital TV service based on the MPEG 4 technology.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Kenya launches DTT in Nairobi
Dec 9, 2009 – Kenya has launched the first phase of its roll out of digital terrestrial television (DTT) broadcasting. Transmission covers Nairobi and its environs, among them Kajiado, Machakos, Naivasha and Murang'a.
News categories: KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Kenya to test digital terrestrial TV in October
Sep 16, 2009 – NAIROBI -- Kenya is planning to begin testing digital terrestrial TV transmission in October according to its Permanent Secretary for Information. Tests will be conducted by the Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC).
News categories: KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TV Services
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation-DStv to launch Mobile television
Oct 24, 2007 – Television viewership in the country is set to undergo a major transformation following the partnering by national broadcaster KBC with Digital Mobile Television (DMTV) Limited to bring mobile TV to the country.
News categories: Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC), DStv, Digital TV, Kenya, Mobile
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV