Digital TV News: Kenya Broadcast
Kenya Broadcast's Signet DTT now distributed via AMOS-17
Nov 3, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that Kenya Broadcast Corporation’s Signet DTT service is now being broadcast via its AMOS-17 satellite. Spacecom’s also provided professional services to migrate Signet’s DTT service to AMOS-17.
News categories: Spacecom, Kenya Broadcast, Oren Tepper, Job Karimi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Terrestrial
Kenya invites bids for broadcasting signal distribution licences
Feb 16, 2011 – The Communications Commission of Kenya has advertised a tender for two more digital television signal distribution licences in an effort to fast-track migration from analogue to digital TV broadcasting ahead of Kenya's 2012 switchover deadline.
News categories: Communications Commission of Kenya, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
NGB to partner with KBC to provide Digital Pay TV services in Kenya
Feb 15, 2010 – Next Generation Broadcasting AB (NGB) has confirmed plans to enter the Kenyan market. NGB Kenya will launch its bouquet of Pay TV services under the brand name SMART TV using the latest digital TV service based on the MPEG 4 technology.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Kenya launches DTT in Nairobi
Dec 9, 2009 – Kenya has launched the first phase of its roll out of digital terrestrial television (DTT) broadcasting. Transmission covers Nairobi and its environs, among them Kajiado, Machakos, Naivasha and Murang'a.
News categories: KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Kenya to test digital terrestrial TV in October
Sep 16, 2009 – NAIROBI -- Kenya is planning to begin testing digital terrestrial TV transmission in October according to its Permanent Secretary for Information. Tests will be conducted by the Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC).
News categories: KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TV Services
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation-DStv to launch Mobile television
Oct 24, 2007 – Television viewership in the country is set to undergo a major transformation following the partnering by national broadcaster KBC with Digital Mobile Television (DMTV) Limited to bring mobile TV to the country.
News categories: Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC), DStv, Digital TV, Kenya, Mobile
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX