Digital TV News: Omantel
Omantel offers Humax OTT Android set-top box
Jun 19, 2016 – Omantel has announced the launch of Humax H1 – an Android set-top box that bundles popular content providers including beIN Sports, ICFLIX, Starz Play, Mavshack, OSN GO, Kids content and YouTube.
News categories: Omantel, Humax, Saleh Al Maimani, Digital TV, Middleware, Oman, OTT, Set Top Box
Omantel opts for ARRIS set-top boxes
Apr 24, 2016 – Omantel has selected ARRIS VIP2262v2 DVR set-tops to deliver DVR capabilities and on-demand HD content for its new Omantel TV+ service. Omantel subscribers will use the ARRIS set-tops to access more than 450 TV channels over their broadband connection.
News categories: ARRIS, Omantel, Steve McCaffery, Ali Haded, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman, Set Top Box
Omantel launches its IPTV service
Jan 27, 2016 – Omantel has announced the launch of Omantel TV+, its IPTV service. Omantel TV+ will enable subscribers to watch news, sports, entertainment and the latest movies, with 450+ popular TV channels, 1100+ movies and 3500+ TV series.
News categories: Omantel, Talal Al Mamari, Haitham Al Kharusi, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman
Omantel to offer IPTV based on du's technology platform
Oct 21, 2015 – du has announced that it has signed an IPTV partnership agreement with Omantel, Oman’s largest telecom operator. Through the tie up, Omantel will be able to launch IPTV in its local market using du’s IPTV platform.
News categories: 'du', Omantel, Osman Sultan, Talal Said Marhoon Al Mamari, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud