Digital TV News: Tesco
ITV increases investment in InfoSum
Jan 24, 2023 – ITV has announced a further investment in data technology company InfoSum, increasing its investment by 50%. InfoSum technology is used in a range of new and existing advertising products from ITV.
News categories: ITV, InfoSum, Rhys Mclachlan, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK
Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
Sep 19, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has unveiled its 2019 streaming player lineup for the United Kingdom. Roku is launching a redesigned Roku Express and new to the UK line-up is the Roku Premiere which delivers 4K streaming with HDR.
News categories: Roku, Lloyd Klarke, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
HUMAX unveils FVP-5000T Freeview Play Recorder
Sep 27, 2017 – HUMAX has introduced its easiest-to-use Freeview Play Recorder yet with the launch of the FVP-5000T. Simple to install and set up, this new HD TV recorder includes integrated Wi-Fi connectivity, delivering an extensive range of catch up and on demand content services.
News categories: HUMAX, Graham North, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote begins UK shipments
Apr 6, 2017 – Amazon has announced that the first Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote is now shipping to customers in the UK. The Fire TV Stick has been redesigned and comes with a new UI as well as Alexa integrated.
News categories: Amazon, Jorrit Van der Meulen, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote arrives in the UK
Feb 21, 2017 – Amazon has announced that its new Fire TV Stick, the most powerful streaming media stick available, is coming to the UK. It is the first UK version to ship with Alexa Voice Remote included.
News categories: Amazon, Jorrit Van der Meulen, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Humax and Freesat launch compact and connected Freetime box
Jul 15, 2015 – Humax and Freesat have launched the most compact and affordable Freetime set-top box recorder to date, bringing the benefits of the subscription free satellite TV service to a wider group of cost-conscious consumers in the UK.
News categories: Freesat, Humax, Paul Gilshan, Graham North, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Orange Slovakia launches VOD with Banaxi
May 15, 2015 – Banaxi has announced a cooperation with Orange Slovakia. Customers of Orange taking advantage of TV Extra, SAT TV Extra and Fiber TV services now have access to a video-on-demand service from Banaxi called Filmoteka+.
News categories: Banaxi, Orange, Digital TV, IPTV, Slovakia, Streaming
TalkTalk Group acquires Blinkbox from Tesco
Jan 8, 2015 – TalkTalk has acquired the blinkbox Movies business and the Tesco broadband and fixed line voice base from Tesco Plc. The assets have been acquired free of debt and as a single transaction for cash.
News categories: TalkTalk, Tesco, Dido Harding, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, UK
UK's blinkbox goes UltraViolet
Oct 14, 2014 – blinkbox has introduced digital movie and TV locker service UltraViolet to allow customers to build a digital collection from select physical discs they have bought in-store and access them via the service.
News categories: blinkbox, UltraViolet, Tesco, Adrian Letts, Mark Teitell, Ian Ditcham, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars