Digital TV News: Universal Powerline Association
Marvell Acquires DS2 Technology
Aug 19, 2010 – Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has announced that it has acquired the intellectual property and assets of Diseno de Sistemas en Silicio S.A. ("DS2"), a supplier of high speed semiconductor solutions for powerline communications.
News categories: Marvell, DS2, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Powerline technology from DS2 and Comtrend for SingTel's mio TV
Aug 11, 2009 – DS2 and Comtrend have announced that Comtrend's Power Grid 902 adapter, based on DS2's Aitana powerline communication chipset, has been selected by SingTel (Singapore: SGX; Australia: ASX) to create a home network for its IPTV service, mio TV.
News categories: DS2, Comtrend, SingTel, IPTV, Semiconductor, Singapore, Smart Home
SiConnect proposal takes next step toward inclusion in IEEE powerline standard
Oct 8, 2007 – SiConnect has successfully merged its submission for the forthcoming IEEE P1901 powerline communication coexistence standard with the proposal submitted jointly by the Consumer Electronics Powerline Communication Alliance (CEPCA) and the Universal Powerline Association (UPA).
News categories: SiConnect, Consumer Electronics Powerline Communication Alliance (CEPCA), Universal Powerline Association (UPA), Semiconductor, Smart Home, UK
DS2 launches Aitana™ the state-of-the-art 200Mbps Powerline Chipset at Intel Developer Forum, Fall 2007
Sep 18, 2007 – DS2 has unveiled Aitana its state-of-the-art integrated 200Mbps chipset, the powerline industry's most innovative and cost-efficient design that further integrates external components into the silicon to deliver the best consumer multi-media experience.
News categories: DS2, Intel Developer Forum, Universal Powerline Association, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
BT selects DS2 chips to drive Self Install BT Vision IPTV service
Aug 22, 2007 – DS2 has announced that its powerline chips have been selected for BT Vision to enable the self-installation option of its digital TV services.
News categories: DS2, BT Vision, Universal Powerline Association, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Terrestrial, UK
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden