Digital TV News: Adam Gaynor
More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
Jun 9, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) now has more than 11.2 million addressable TVs in the U.S. capable of frame-accurate dynamic ad insertion, representing a significant milestone for the addressable advertising consortium, Project OAR.
News categories: VIZIO, Adam Gaynor, Kristine Bayles, Darren Sherriff, JP Colaco, Steve Silvestri, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
May 5, 2021 – Beachfront has completed an addressable TV ad execution with VIZIO adhering to the technical specifications of Open Addressable Ready (OAR). The execution used Beachfront’s Unified Decisioning product.
News categories: Beachfront, VIZIO, Frank Sinton, Adam Gaynor, Dan Callahan, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Univision signs up to Project OAR
Feb 2, 2021 – Univision has announced that it has joined Project OAR, the consortium of American media companies created to establish a common technology for dynamic, addressable advertising management for TV.
News categories: Univision, Project OAR, Donna Speciale, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen integrates data from DIRECTV and DISH STBs, VIZIO Smart TVs
Nov 10, 2020 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that it is adding addressable measurement to its National TV currency. Through strategic data integrations, Nielsen will add ~55 million devices across smart TVs and set top boxes to help scale addressable TV.
News categories: Nielsen, Scott Brown, Rick Welday, Kemal Bokhari, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
Sep 22, 2020 – SpotX has announced programmatic solutions for linear addressable TV. The solutions are in part built in support Project OAR. SpotX is also powering programmatic executions within traditional STBs owned by MVPDs.
News categories: SpotX, The Trade Desk, AMC Networks, Project OAR, Matt McLeggon, Jon Tabak, Evan Adlman, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Sorenson Media launches addressable TV advertising platform for live linear programming
Jul 26, 2018 – Sorenson Media has announced that it is live with Sorenson Addressable, a targeted advertising platform for television. Sorenson Media has also revealed that AMC Networks is first company to use the new platform.
News categories: Sorenson Media, AMC Networks, Pat Nola, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV