Digital TV News: Bureau of Indian Standards
New BIS standard for TV receivers requires built in satellite tuner
Jan 9, 2023 – The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has published a standard for TV receivers, enabling satellite TV reception without the need for a set-top box. Doordarshan is in the process of phasing out analog transmission, but will continue to broadcast on satellite.
News categories: Bureau of Indian Standards, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Satellite, Smart TV
TRAI issues recommendations on set-top box interoperability
Apr 10, 2020 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released recommendations that all set-top-boxes in India must support technical interoperability in principle, i.e. every STB provided to a consumer must be interoperable.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, CAM, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Set Top Box
India's set-top box market CAGR to be 29.3% to 2015
Feb 24, 2014 – The introduction of HD channels and Smart TVs in India has led to an increase in digital TV viewing which in turn will hike the growth of the Set top box (STB) market according to Frost & Sullivan.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Niju V, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
India - Ministry moves on satellite set-top box interoperability
Oct 20, 2008 – The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) has asked the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) to draft norms for advanced DTH set-top boxes, including related to interoperability of the boxes.
News categories: Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Bureau of Indian Standards, India, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box
TRAI provides its recommendations on certain issues relating to Direct to Home (DTH) service
Jan 30, 2008 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has sent its recommendations to the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting on certain issues relating to Direct to Home (DTH) service.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), Digital TV, India, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box