Digital TV News: Comcast Spotlight
Comcast Spotlight launches self-service TV ad buying platform
Sep 11, 2019 – Comcast Spotlight has announced the launch of Comcast Spotlight TV Ad Planner. This alternative to traditional TV ad buying allows small businesses and local advertisers to plan, design and manage advertising campaigns with a few clicks of a mouse.
News categories: Comcast Spotlight, Hank Oster, Maria Weaver, Laurie Johnson, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Comcast Spotlight launches Local TV attribution with TVSquared
Aug 7, 2019 – Comcast Spotlight has announced the launch of an attribution solution that will bring greater accountability to local TV advertising. The product, launched in partnership with TVSquared, allows local cable TV advertisers to measure lower-funnel activity.
News categories: Comcast Spotlight, TVSquared, Hank Oster, Jo Kinsella, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
U.S. TV viewing reverses declines
Aug 2, 2019 – Comcast Spotlight has launch its inaugural TV Viewership Report. One of the most notable findings coming out of this edition was that TV viewership is at a two-year high, reversing the trend of decline that Comcast Spotlight has seen since it began tracking this data in 2017.
News categories: Comcast Spotlight, Brendan Condon, Andrea Zapata, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Shifts in TV viewing open new opportunities for advertisers
Mar 7, 2019 – Comcast Spotlight has released a research whitepaper that explores how fundamental shifts in the TV viewing experience have opened new opportunities for advertisers. New distribution points and technological advancements have enabled TV advertisers to reach consumers throughout the full marketing funnel.
News categories: Comcast Spotlight, Hank Oster, Justin Evans, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
Charter, Comcast and Cox form group to sell advanced advertising
Apr 4, 2018 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and Cox Communications, owners of NCC Media, have announced that they are creating a new division within NCC to design, deploy and sell unified advertising solutions across NCC's participants' national footprint.
News categories: NCC Media, Comcast, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, Greg Schaefer, Andrew Ward, David Watson, Marcien Jenckes, Pat Esser, Billy Farina, Thomas M. Rutledge, David Kline, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Altice, Charter and Comcast to offer one-stop advertising for New York DMA
Dec 13, 2017 – Altice (NYSE: ATUS), Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) and Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA) have announced that they have reached a preliminary agreement to provide a one-stop advertising solution to reach more than 6.2 million households across the New York DMA.
News categories: Altice USA, Charter, Comcast, Ed Renicker, Charles Stewart, David Kline, Hank Oster, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Comcast announces blockchain-based advertising platform
Jun 20, 2017 – Comcast’s Advanced Advertising Group, a division of Comcast Cable that combines the capabilities of Strata, FreeWheel, and Visible World, has announced the 'Blockchain Insights Platform' - aimed at improving the efficiency of premium video advertising.
News categories: Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
OpenTV Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2008 Results
Feb 25, 2009 – OpenTV (Nasdaq:OPTV) has announced financial results for its fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2008. For the full year, revenues were $116.5 million, 5.9% higher than revenues of $110.0 million in 2007.
News categories: OpenTV, Middleware, Results
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering