Digital TV News: Horowitz Research
U.S. antenna penetration grows 38% in 2020
Feb 9, 2021 – According to Horowitz Research's State of OTA 2020 study, 40% of U.S. TV content viewers 18+ report owning an antenna, up 29% Y-o-Y. This translates to approximately 48.4 million households with an antenna.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Stephanie Wong, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Streaming eclipses traditional TV among U.S. adult streamers
Sep 25, 2019 – The share of U.S. adult TV viewers who stream at least some of their TV content has plateaued at around 65%, according to Horowitz Research. Among the 2 in 3 adult Americans who stream, however, there is a growing reliance on streamed content.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
One-third of U.S. TV content viewers report owning an antenna
Apr 24, 2019 – The latest data from Horowitz Research reveal that while TV content viewers in the U.S. are experimenting with new streaming services like YouTube TV, Sling TV, and others, a traditional viewing technology is re-emerging: antennas.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Stephanie Wong, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Terrestrial, USA
Competition from dMVPDs puts new spin on U.S. market for pay TV subs
Jun 6, 2018 – Three-quarters (76%) of U.S. TV content viewers report subscribing to a traditional pay TV—cable, satellite, or telco—service, down from 86% in 2014, reveals the latest data from Horowitz Research’s State of Pay TV, OTT and SVOD report.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA, UX
Horowitz to release State of dMVPDs study
Jun 27, 2017 – Today, 70% of U.S. TV viewers 18+ stream at least some of the content they watch, according to Horowitz Research. The introduction of Hulu with Live TV and YouTube TV signal a new era of competition to traditional cable, satellite, and fiber optic TV providers.
News categories: Horowitz, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Streaming far surpasses VOD as the go-to source for on demand content
Apr 27, 2017 – The rise of streaming is being driven largely by the increase of streaming to the TV set, reveals the latest data from Horowitz Research’s State of Pay TV, OTT and SVOD study released to clients last week.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Stephanie Wong, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
RCN launches Hulu as a channel
May 19, 2016 – RCN has announced a partnership with Hulu to enable its customers to watch Hulu programming as a channel through the same set-top box used to watch Live TV. Previously, RCN was the first cable provider to integrate Netflix into the channel lineup.
News categories: RCN, Hulu, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
U.S. millennials stream more than half of their TV
May 4, 2016 – Streaming is the new normal for Millennials, according to Horowitz Research. Millennial (18-34 year-old) TV content viewers in the U.S. report spending 54% of their TV viewing time streaming and just 25% live.
News categories: Horowitz, Stephanie Wong, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
PCCW Media launches Viu OTT video service
Oct 20, 2015 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) has announced its Viu Over-the-top (OTT) video service. On October 26, Viu will debut in Hong Kong and then progressively be rolled-out across Asia including India, and the Middle East.
News categories: PCCW, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Middle-East, OTT
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021