Digital TV News: James Rooke
Comcast’s Effectv taps Comscore for local TV measurement
Apr 12, 2022 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) and Effectv have announced that Effectv will use Comscore’s audience impression-based measurement product with local advertising clients to deliver an industry measurement solution for marketers.
News categories: Comscore, Effectv, Bill Livek, James Rooke, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
May 7, 2021 – Blockgraph is to work with The Trade Desk to facilitate first-party Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting in TV advertising. The integration will enable advertisers to run multi-platform TV campaigns that put privacy first.
News categories: Blockgraph, The Trade Desk, Jason Manningham, Michelle Hulst, Rob Klippel, James Rooke, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
Apr 14, 2021 – FreeWheel is rolling out technology that offers multiplatform, addressable audience targeting across all screens, including linear TV. Comcast and Charter are the first inventory owners to offer the technology to buyers.
News categories: FreeWheel, Dave Clark, David Kline, James Rooke, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
TVision secures $16 million in new funding
Nov 2, 2020 – TVision has announced that it has secured $16 million in new funding, led by SIG Asia Investments. Major corporations, networks and CTV platforms rely on TVision for person-level TV engagement data.
News categories: TVision, Susquehanna International Group, Yan Liu, Ye Li, Advertising, Big Data, USA, Venture Capital
FreeWheel to provide decisioning platform for ads on Discovery's cable networks
Sep 30, 2019 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) and FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) have announced a multi-year agreement under which FreeWheel will provide its unified decisioning platform to enable advertising management for Discovery’s roster of cable networks.
News categories: FreeWheel, Discovery, James Rooke, Keith Kazerman, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
FreeWheel to help Hearst Television bring video inventory to advertisers
Apr 8, 2019 – Hearst Television and FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) have announced that they have partnered to offer an OTT video solution to advertisers. Hearst Anyscreen, Hearst's OTT advertising product, will use FreeWheel’s Monetization and Revenue Management platform for access to OTT video inventory.
News categories: FreeWheel, Hearst, James Rooke, Adam Noble, Jason DeMarco, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
FreeWheel and Innovid integrate new Nielsen Qualified Ad Audience solution
Sep 25, 2018 – Nielsen has announced that FreeWheel and Innovid will integrate its Qualified Ad Audience solution in Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings to provide persons-level, deduplicated duration weighted audience measurement of digital campaigns. With this integration, both will be able to provide marketers with greater confidence in their digital advertising and content investments.
News categories: Nielsen, FreeWheel, Innovid, Amanda Tarpey, James Rooke, Andrew King, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated