Digital TV News: Jim O'Neill
Brightcove publishes Q2 2020 Global Video Index report
Aug 19, 2020 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has published its Q2 2020 Global Video Index Entertainment and Media Edition, which found that OTT streaming of entertainment continued to dominate, even as governments began loosening stay-at-home restrictions.
News categories: Brightcove, Jim O'Neill, Jeff Ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
OTT TV market far from being saturated
Jan 16, 2019 – While there’s a limit to how many SVOD services users are ready to pay for, it is far from being reached, according to Ooyala. In fact, that limit may continue to rise, especially as younger consumers grow older.
News categories: Ooyala, Jim O'Neill, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Mobile video consumption surges again in Q2
Oct 31, 2018 – Smartphone video starts topped 50% globally for the first time, a 13.2% Y-o-Y change, according to Ooyala’s Q2 2018 Global Video Index Report. Despite a temporary leveling-off in the first quarter of 2018, video plays on mobile devices surged 9.8% in the second quarter.
News categories: Ooyala, Jim O'Neill, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Video consumption on mobiles stabilizes in Q1 2018
Jun 20, 2018 – Mobile video consumption continues to rise but growth stabilized in Q1 2018; total video plays increased during the quarter just 1.8% from the prior year, according to Ooyala’s Q1 2018 Global Video Index Report.
News categories: Ooyala, Jim O'Neill, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Entone Magi™ Takes CATV Over-The-Top
Oct 15, 2012 – Entone is unveiling its Magi™ Hybrid CATV Media Gateway at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo. Magi enables cable operators to deliver a Hybrid TV service that combines live TV, DVR and cloud-based (OTT) services over analog, digital or hybrid cable systems.
News categories: Entone, Cable TV, CableTecExpo, DVR, Gateway
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server