Digital TV News: Jim O'Neill
OTT TV market far from being saturated
Jan 16, 2019 – While there’s a limit to how many SVOD services users are ready to pay for, it is far from being reached, according to Ooyala. In fact, that limit may continue to rise, especially as younger consumers grow older.
News categories: Ooyala, Jim O'Neill, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Mobile video consumption surges again in Q2
Oct 31, 2018 – Smartphone video starts topped 50% globally for the first time, a 13.2% Y-o-Y change, according to Ooyala’s Q2 2018 Global Video Index Report. Despite a temporary leveling-off in the first quarter of 2018, video plays on mobile devices surged 9.8% in the second quarter.
News categories: Ooyala, Jim O'Neill, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Video consumption on mobiles stabilizes in Q1 2018
Jun 20, 2018 – Mobile video consumption continues to rise but growth stabilized in Q1 2018; total video plays increased during the quarter just 1.8% from the prior year, according to Ooyala’s Q1 2018 Global Video Index Report.
News categories: Ooyala, Jim O'Neill, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Entone Magi™ Takes CATV Over-The-Top
Oct 15, 2012 – Entone is unveiling its Magi™ Hybrid CATV Media Gateway at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo. Magi enables cable operators to deliver a Hybrid TV service that combines live TV, DVR and cloud-based (OTT) services over analog, digital or hybrid cable systems.
News categories: Entone, Cable TV, DVR, Gateway, SCTE•ISBE
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature