Digital TV News: John Hane
NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
Jun 30, 2020 – Four of Salt Lake City's local television stations – KUTV (CBS), KTVX (ABC), KUCW (CW) and KJZZ-TV (Ind), are now among the first in the U.S. to begin broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar, BitPath, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, John Hane, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV launches in Nashville
Jun 23, 2020 – Five Nashville local network-affiliated television stations - WTVF (CBS), WKRN-TV (ABC), WZTV (FOX), WUXP-TV (MyNet) and WNAB (CW) - have became among the first in the U.S. to begin broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar, Scripps, WNAB/Nashville Broadcasting, Bitpath, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, Brian Lawlor, Dennis Breckey, John Hane, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Three broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Pittsburgh
Jun 16, 2020 – Three Pittsburgh local network-affiliated TV stations - WPGH (FOX), WTAE (ABC) and WPNT (MyNet) - have become among the first in the U.S. to begin broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0 technology.
News categories: BitPath, WTAE, WPNT, John Hane, Charles W. Wolfertz III, Kent Crawford, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
May 26, 2020 – Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI), Nexstar Media (NASDAQ: NXST), and The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) have announced that their Las Vegas television stations have begun broadcasting in NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar Media, Scripps, Chris Ripley, Perry Sook, Brian Lawlor, John Hane, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
DISH trials ATSC 3.0 as part of Spectrum Co's Dallas SFN project
Apr 8, 2018 – DISH has trialed the transmission and reception of the ATSC 3.0 standard as part of Spectrum Consortium's 'Next Gen' deployment project in Dallas. Using its 700 MHz E Block spectrum, DISH deployed on Spectrum Co.'s Garland SFN site.
News categories: DISH Network, Tom Cullen, John Hane, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions