Digital TV News: John Hane
NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
Jun 30, 2020 – Four of Salt Lake City's local television stations – KUTV (CBS), KTVX (ABC), KUCW (CW) and KJZZ-TV (Ind), are now among the first in the U.S. to begin broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar, BitPath, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, John Hane, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV launches in Nashville
Jun 23, 2020 – Five Nashville local network-affiliated television stations - WTVF (CBS), WKRN-TV (ABC), WZTV (FOX), WUXP-TV (MyNet) and WNAB (CW) - have became among the first in the U.S. to begin broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar, Scripps, WNAB/Nashville Broadcasting, Bitpath, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, Brian Lawlor, Dennis Breckey, John Hane, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Three broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Pittsburgh
Jun 16, 2020 – Three Pittsburgh local network-affiliated TV stations - WPGH (FOX), WTAE (ABC) and WPNT (MyNet) - have become among the first in the U.S. to begin broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0 technology.
News categories: BitPath, WTAE, WPNT, John Hane, Charles W. Wolfertz III, Kent Crawford, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
May 26, 2020 – Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI), Nexstar Media (NASDAQ: NXST), and The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) have announced that their Las Vegas television stations have begun broadcasting in NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar Media, Scripps, Chris Ripley, Perry Sook, Brian Lawlor, John Hane, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
DISH trials ATSC 3.0 as part of Spectrum Co's Dallas SFN project
Apr 8, 2018 – DISH has trialed the transmission and reception of the ATSC 3.0 standard as part of Spectrum Consortium's 'Next Gen' deployment project in Dallas. Using its 700 MHz E Block spectrum, DISH deployed on Spectrum Co.'s Garland SFN site.
News categories: DISH Network, Tom Cullen, John Hane, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Hrvatski Telekom initiates Iskon integration
- PROEN deploys Qwilt and Cisco CDN solution in Thailand
- Akta powers AVOD, SVOD, Live Streaming and FAST for ViX
- Nielsen integrates measurement for Netflix's ad-supported plan
- CommScope to sell Home Networks business to Vantiva
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia