Digital TV News: Kenya Broadcast
Kenya Broadcast's Signet DTT now distributed via AMOS-17
Nov 3, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that Kenya Broadcast Corporation’s Signet DTT service is now being broadcast via its AMOS-17 satellite. Spacecom’s also provided professional services to migrate Signet’s DTT service to AMOS-17.
News categories: Spacecom, Kenya Broadcast, Oren Tepper, Job Karimi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Terrestrial
Kenya invites bids for broadcasting signal distribution licences
Feb 16, 2011 – The Communications Commission of Kenya has advertised a tender for two more digital television signal distribution licences in an effort to fast-track migration from analogue to digital TV broadcasting ahead of Kenya's 2012 switchover deadline.
News categories: Communications Commission of Kenya, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
NGB to partner with KBC to provide Digital Pay TV services in Kenya
Feb 15, 2010 – Next Generation Broadcasting AB (NGB) has confirmed plans to enter the Kenyan market. NGB Kenya will launch its bouquet of Pay TV services under the brand name SMART TV using the latest digital TV service based on the MPEG 4 technology.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Kenya launches DTT in Nairobi
Dec 9, 2009 – Kenya has launched the first phase of its roll out of digital terrestrial television (DTT) broadcasting. Transmission covers Nairobi and its environs, among them Kajiado, Machakos, Naivasha and Murang'a.
News categories: KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Kenya to test digital terrestrial TV in October
Sep 16, 2009 – NAIROBI -- Kenya is planning to begin testing digital terrestrial TV transmission in October according to its Permanent Secretary for Information. Tests will be conducted by the Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC).
News categories: KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TV Services
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation-DStv to launch Mobile television
Oct 24, 2007 – Television viewership in the country is set to undergo a major transformation following the partnering by national broadcaster KBC with Digital Mobile Television (DMTV) Limited to bring mobile TV to the country.
News categories: Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC), DStv, Digital TV, Kenya, Mobile
Kenya to switch to digital TV by 2012, says information minister
Oct 4, 2007 – On 17th June 2015 it will be mandatory that all TV stations countrywide switch from the current Analogue format to new digital broadcasting format.
News categories: Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial, TV Services
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service
- Cross Screen Media provides access to Roku ad platform
- CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius