Digital TV News: Kenya Broadcast
Kenya Broadcast's Signet DTT now distributed via AMOS-17
Nov 3, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that Kenya Broadcast Corporation’s Signet DTT service is now being broadcast via its AMOS-17 satellite. Spacecom’s also provided professional services to migrate Signet’s DTT service to AMOS-17.
News categories: Spacecom, Kenya Broadcast, Oren Tepper, Job Karimi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Terrestrial
Kenya invites bids for broadcasting signal distribution licences
Feb 16, 2011 – The Communications Commission of Kenya has advertised a tender for two more digital television signal distribution licences in an effort to fast-track migration from analogue to digital TV broadcasting ahead of Kenya's 2012 switchover deadline.
News categories: Communications Commission of Kenya, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
NGB to partner with KBC to provide Digital Pay TV services in Kenya
Feb 15, 2010 – Next Generation Broadcasting AB (NGB) has confirmed plans to enter the Kenyan market. NGB Kenya will launch its bouquet of Pay TV services under the brand name SMART TV using the latest digital TV service based on the MPEG 4 technology.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Kenya launches DTT in Nairobi
Dec 9, 2009 – Kenya has launched the first phase of its roll out of digital terrestrial television (DTT) broadcasting. Transmission covers Nairobi and its environs, among them Kajiado, Machakos, Naivasha and Murang'a.
News categories: KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Kenya to test digital terrestrial TV in October
Sep 16, 2009 – NAIROBI -- Kenya is planning to begin testing digital terrestrial TV transmission in October according to its Permanent Secretary for Information. Tests will be conducted by the Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC).
News categories: KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TV Services
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation-DStv to launch Mobile television
Oct 24, 2007 – Television viewership in the country is set to undergo a major transformation following the partnering by national broadcaster KBC with Digital Mobile Television (DMTV) Limited to bring mobile TV to the country.
News categories: Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC), DStv, Digital TV, Kenya, Mobile
Kenya to switch to digital TV by 2012, says information minister
Oct 4, 2007 – On 17th June 2015 it will be mandatory that all TV stations countrywide switch from the current Analogue format to new digital broadcasting format.
News categories: Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial, TV Services
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set