Digital TV News: Kordia
Kordia kicks off digital switch over in New Zealand
Sep 25, 2012 – On Sunday morning, Kordia engineers will begin the first of a series of switch-overs across New Zealand from analogue to digital television. The first regions to switch over will be the West Coast of the South Island, and Hawke's Bay.
News categories: Kordia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Terrestrial
New Zealand's SKY Television confirms ISP partners for new online TV service, iSKY
Sep 29, 2010 – New Zealand's SKY Television has confirmed that it has partnered with Vodafone, Orcon, Slingshot, Woosh, Xnet and Farmside to create un-metered broadband plans for its new online TV service, iSKY.
News categories: SKY Television, iSKY, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming
New Zealand digital TV penetration now at 55%
Nov 20, 2008 – NZ On Air has released a report that studies developments in digital broadcasting. As at October 2008, New Zealand's digital penetration (including Sky) stood at 55%, suggesting that the target of 75% penetration by 2012 can be reached.
News categories: NZ On Air, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, Satellite, Terrestrial
New Zealand - Freeview readies for main event
Feb 25, 2008 – Freeview is on track to debut high-definition digital terrestrial television in April, after Kordia last week completed a $30 million transmission network.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
TANDBERG Television MPEG-4 AVC to Power Delivery of New Zealand Digital Terrestrial TV
Dec 4, 2007 – TANDBERG Television has announced that Kordia™ and TVWorks have selected its industry leading digital terrestrial television (DTT) head-end system for the delivery of the Freeview New Zealand DTT service.
News categories: TANDBERG Television, Kordia, TVWorks, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Terrestrial
New Zealand - Kordia tests cellphone TV
Apr 16, 2007 – State-owned enterprise Kordia has carried out the first trial in New Zealand of DVB-H, an emerging technology that could bring mobile TV to the masses by delivering television to mobile phones and handheld TVs at no cost to viewers. More …
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, New Zealand
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC