Digital TV News: Krishan Bhatia
OpenAP Market audience-based advertising platform launched
Oct 8, 2019 – OpenAP, the advanced advertising company owned by Fox Corporation, NBCUniversal and Viacom, has launched OpenAP Market, a marketplace that offers video advertising inventory and audience-based buying across the largest collection of digital and linear TV programming.
News categories: OpenAP, David Levy, Meredith Brace, Krishan Bhatia, John Halley, AJ Kintner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
FOX, NBCUniversal, and Viacom unveil OpenAP 2.0
Apr 25, 2019 – FOX, NBCUniversal, and Viacom have unveiled OpenAP 2.0, expanding the audience platform into a centralized video marketplace with workflow automation for national linear and long-form digital video, developed in collaboration with Accenture and FreeWheel.
News categories: Viacom, NBCUniversal, FOX, John Halley, Sean Moran, Krishan Bhatia, Linda Yaccarino, Meredith Brace, Marianne Gambelli, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
FreeWheel and NBCUniversal connect linear TV and digital video ad delivery systems
Jan 31, 2019 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has announced that it has completed the first stage of a technology unification initiative with NBCUniversal (NBCU) to extend FreeWheel’s ad decisioning capabilities to traditional TV inventory.
News categories: FreeWheel, NBCUniversal, Dave Clark, Krishan Bhatia, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
NBCUniversal to license its Audience Graph to OpenAP
Apr 19, 2018 – NBCUniversal, Fox, Turner and Viacom have partnered to focus on new platforms for automated buying, advanced formats and cross-platform measurement and currency. The combination will join NBCUniversal’s data capabilities with OpenAP’s standardized data sets.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Fox, Turner, Viacom, Krishan Bhatia, Joe Marchese, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Wicket Labs unveils audience insights platform
Oct 10, 2017 – Wicket Labs has introduced Wicket Scorecard to enable media and entertainment companies to automatically see, measure and predict video customer usage and growth for their direct-to-consumer subscription businesses.
News categories: Wicket Labs, Madrona Venture Group, Marty Roberts, Ian Blaine, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform