Digital TV News: Kurt Rao
Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Oct 12, 2021 – Hartford viewers can now find four channels over-the-air with NEXTGEN TV: TEGNA's WCCT (CW, channel 20) and WTIC (FOX, channel 61), Meredith's WFSB (CBS, channel 3), and Nexstar's WTNH (ABC, channel 8).
News categories: Pearl TV, TEGNA, Nexstar, Anne Schelle, Kurt Rao, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Sacramento TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Jul 8, 2021 – Six Sacramento TV stations (KOVR, KCRA, KQCA, KTXL, KXTV and KUVS) have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Sacramento is the first city in Northern California to launch a commercial NEXTGEN TV service.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Ariel Roblin, Kurt Rao, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
TEGNA extends partnership with FreeWheel
Jan 7, 2021 – TEGNA (NYSE: TGNA) and FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) have announced a multi-year deal to further transform and automate the way TEGNA’s buyers and sellers transact, including through CTV/OTT advertising platform Premion.
News categories: FreeWheel, TEGNA, Premion, Ian Banks, Kurt Rao, Tom Cox, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Seattle becomes latest large market to launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 16, 2020 – Seven local TV stations in Seattle, Washington, including KOMO-TV (ABC), KIRO-TV (CBS), KCPQ (FOX), KING-TV (NBC), KONG (Ind.), KZJO (MyNet), and KUNS-TV (Univision), have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: BitPath, Dan York, Richard Friedel, Mark Aitken, Kurt Rao, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
KONG-TV and GatesAir to bring NextGen TV to Seattle, WA
Nov 4, 2020 – TEGNA Inc.’s (NYSE: TGNA) KONG-TV has partnered with GatesAir on the infrastructure for NextGen TV in the Seattle-Tacoma, Washington market. KONG-TV plans to begin broadcasts for KONG-TV and KING 5 in early December.
News categories: GatesAir, TEGNA, KING 5 Media, Bruce D. Swail, Kurt Rao, Jim Rose, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
Jul 28, 2020 – Seven local TV stations in Portland, including KATU (ABC), KOIN (CBS), KGW (NBC), KPTV (Fox), KOPB-TV (PBS), KRCW-TV (CW) and KPDX (MyNet), have become among the first in the U.S. to begin broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, BitPath, Mark Aitken, John Hane, Tom Casey, Brett Jenkins, Kurt Rao, Steven Bass, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor