Digital TV News: Mike Hopkins
Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul form Crackle Plus joint venture
Mar 28, 2019 – Sony Pictures Television and Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) have announced the signing of a definitive agreement to establish a new streaming video joint venture to be branded 'Crackle Plus'.
News categories: Sony Pictures Television, CSS Entertainment, Mike Hopkins, William J. Rouhana Jr, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu launches live TV streaming service
May 3, 2017 – Hulu has announced the launch of the company’s live TV streaming beta service, along with a new user experience. Viewers who subscribe enjoy live and on demand programming from more than 50 channels — plus Hulu's streaming library.
News categories: Hulu, Mike Hopkins, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up NBCUniversal for its upcoming live TV streaming service
May 1, 2017 – Hulu and NBCUniversal have reached a distribution agreement that will bring NBC and Telemundo Owned Television Stations and portfolio of cable networks to Hulu’s upcoming new live TV streaming service.
News categories: Hulu, NBCUniversal, Mike Hopkins, Matt Bond, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up A+E Networks for upcoming live TV streaming service
Mar 10, 2017 – Hulu and A+E Networks have announced an affiliate agreement that will bring all six original brands from the A+E Networks Family to Hulu’s new live TV streaming service, set to launch this spring.
News categories: Hulu, A+E Networks, Mike Hopkins, Nancy Dubuc, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up CBS for its upcoming live TV service
Jan 4, 2017 – Hulu has announced an agreement with CBS Corporation to carry America's most-watched broadcast network, CBS, as well as popular sports and entertainment channels CBS Sports Network and POP, with the potential to add additional networks in the future.
News categories: Hulu, CBS Corporation, Mike Hopkins, Ray Hopkins, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up 21st Century Fox and Walt Disney for new streaming service
Nov 1, 2016 – Hulu has announced affiliate agreements with 21st Century Fox and The Walt Disney Company that will add to the line-up of programming that will be available through Hulu’s forthcoming TV streaming service.
News categories: Hulu, 21st Century Fox, Walt Disney, Mike Hopkins, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu subscribers up 30% YoY; adds ad partnerships
May 4, 2016 – Hulu has announced that its subscriber base has grown over 30% year over year and will reach 12 million subscribers in the U.S. by this month. Hulu also unveiled new content deals and advertising partnerships with Nielsen and Millward Brown.
News categories: Hulu, BrightLine, Millward Brown, Mike Hopkins, Peter Naylor, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV