Digital TV News: Mike Hopkins
Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul form Crackle Plus joint venture
Mar 28, 2019 – Sony Pictures Television and Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) have announced the signing of a definitive agreement to establish a new streaming video joint venture to be branded 'Crackle Plus'.
News categories: Sony Pictures Television, CSS Entertainment, Mike Hopkins, William J. Rouhana Jr, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu launches live TV streaming service
May 3, 2017 – Hulu has announced the launch of the company’s live TV streaming beta service, along with a new user experience. Viewers who subscribe enjoy live and on demand programming from more than 50 channels — plus Hulu's streaming library.
News categories: Hulu, Mike Hopkins, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up NBCUniversal for its upcoming live TV streaming service
May 1, 2017 – Hulu and NBCUniversal have reached a distribution agreement that will bring NBC and Telemundo Owned Television Stations and portfolio of cable networks to Hulu’s upcoming new live TV streaming service.
News categories: Hulu, NBCUniversal, Mike Hopkins, Matt Bond, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up A+E Networks for upcoming live TV streaming service
Mar 10, 2017 – Hulu and A+E Networks have announced an affiliate agreement that will bring all six original brands from the A+E Networks Family to Hulu’s new live TV streaming service, set to launch this spring.
News categories: Hulu, A+E Networks, Mike Hopkins, Nancy Dubuc, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up CBS for its upcoming live TV service
Jan 4, 2017 – Hulu has announced an agreement with CBS Corporation to carry America's most-watched broadcast network, CBS, as well as popular sports and entertainment channels CBS Sports Network and POP, with the potential to add additional networks in the future.
News categories: Hulu, CBS Corporation, Mike Hopkins, Ray Hopkins, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up 21st Century Fox and Walt Disney for new streaming service
Nov 1, 2016 – Hulu has announced affiliate agreements with 21st Century Fox and The Walt Disney Company that will add to the line-up of programming that will be available through Hulu’s forthcoming TV streaming service.
News categories: Hulu, 21st Century Fox, Walt Disney, Mike Hopkins, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu subscribers up 30% YoY; adds ad partnerships
May 4, 2016 – Hulu has announced that its subscriber base has grown over 30% year over year and will reach 12 million subscribers in the U.S. by this month. Hulu also unveiled new content deals and advertising partnerships with Nielsen and Millward Brown.
News categories: Hulu, BrightLine, Millward Brown, Mike Hopkins, Peter Naylor, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers