Digital TV News: Mike Hopkins
Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul form Crackle Plus joint venture
Mar 28, 2019 – Sony Pictures Television and Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) have announced the signing of a definitive agreement to establish a new streaming video joint venture to be branded 'Crackle Plus'.
News categories: Sony Pictures Television, CSS Entertainment, Mike Hopkins, William J. Rouhana Jr, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu launches live TV streaming service
May 3, 2017 – Hulu has announced the launch of the company’s live TV streaming beta service, along with a new user experience. Viewers who subscribe enjoy live and on demand programming from more than 50 channels — plus Hulu's streaming library.
News categories: Hulu, Mike Hopkins, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up NBCUniversal for its upcoming live TV streaming service
May 1, 2017 – Hulu and NBCUniversal have reached a distribution agreement that will bring NBC and Telemundo Owned Television Stations and portfolio of cable networks to Hulu’s upcoming new live TV streaming service.
News categories: Hulu, NBCUniversal, Mike Hopkins, Matt Bond, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up A+E Networks for upcoming live TV streaming service
Mar 10, 2017 – Hulu and A+E Networks have announced an affiliate agreement that will bring all six original brands from the A+E Networks Family to Hulu’s new live TV streaming service, set to launch this spring.
News categories: Hulu, A+E Networks, Mike Hopkins, Nancy Dubuc, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up CBS for its upcoming live TV service
Jan 4, 2017 – Hulu has announced an agreement with CBS Corporation to carry America's most-watched broadcast network, CBS, as well as popular sports and entertainment channels CBS Sports Network and POP, with the potential to add additional networks in the future.
News categories: Hulu, CBS Corporation, Mike Hopkins, Ray Hopkins, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up 21st Century Fox and Walt Disney for new streaming service
Nov 1, 2016 – Hulu has announced affiliate agreements with 21st Century Fox and The Walt Disney Company that will add to the line-up of programming that will be available through Hulu’s forthcoming TV streaming service.
News categories: Hulu, 21st Century Fox, Walt Disney, Mike Hopkins, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu subscribers up 30% YoY; adds ad partnerships
May 4, 2016 – Hulu has announced that its subscriber base has grown over 30% year over year and will reach 12 million subscribers in the U.S. by this month. Hulu also unveiled new content deals and advertising partnerships with Nielsen and Millward Brown.
News categories: Hulu, BrightLine, Millward Brown, Mike Hopkins, Peter Naylor, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV