Digital TV News: Mike Hopkins
Amazon to acquire MGM
May 26, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has agreed to acquire MGM for $8.45 billion. Amazon will help preserve MGM’s heritage and catalog of films, and provide customers with greater access to these existing works.
News categories: Amazon, MGM, Mike Hopkins, Kevin Ulrich, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul form Crackle Plus joint venture
Mar 28, 2019 – Sony Pictures Television and Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) have announced the signing of a definitive agreement to establish a new streaming video joint venture to be branded 'Crackle Plus'.
News categories: Sony Pictures Television, CSS Entertainment, Mike Hopkins, William J. Rouhana Jr, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Hulu launches live TV streaming service
May 3, 2017 – Hulu has announced the launch of the company’s live TV streaming beta service, along with a new user experience. Viewers who subscribe enjoy live and on demand programming from more than 50 channels — plus Hulu's streaming library.
News categories: Hulu, Mike Hopkins, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Hulu signs up NBCUniversal for its upcoming live TV streaming service
May 1, 2017 – Hulu and NBCUniversal have reached a distribution agreement that will bring NBC and Telemundo Owned Television Stations and portfolio of cable networks to Hulu’s upcoming new live TV streaming service.
News categories: Hulu, NBCUniversal, Mike Hopkins, Matt Bond, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Hulu signs up A+E Networks for upcoming live TV streaming service
Mar 10, 2017 – Hulu and A+E Networks have announced an affiliate agreement that will bring all six original brands from the A+E Networks Family to Hulu’s new live TV streaming service, set to launch this spring.
News categories: Hulu, A+E Networks, Mike Hopkins, Nancy Dubuc, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Hulu signs up CBS for its upcoming live TV service
Jan 4, 2017 – Hulu has announced an agreement with CBS Corporation to carry America's most-watched broadcast network, CBS, as well as popular sports and entertainment channels CBS Sports Network and POP, with the potential to add additional networks in the future.
News categories: Hulu, CBS Corporation, Mike Hopkins, Ray Hopkins, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Hulu signs up 21st Century Fox and Walt Disney for new streaming service
Nov 1, 2016 – Hulu has announced affiliate agreements with 21st Century Fox and The Walt Disney Company that will add to the line-up of programming that will be available through Hulu’s forthcoming TV streaming service.
News categories: Hulu, 21st Century Fox, Walt Disney, Mike Hopkins, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Hulu subscribers up 30% YoY; adds ad partnerships
May 4, 2016 – Hulu has announced that its subscriber base has grown over 30% year over year and will reach 12 million subscribers in the U.S. by this month. Hulu also unveiled new content deals and advertising partnerships with Nielsen and Millward Brown.
News categories: Hulu, BrightLine, Millward Brown, Mike Hopkins, Peter Naylor, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring