Digital TV News: Mike Hopkins
Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul form Crackle Plus joint venture
Mar 28, 2019 – Sony Pictures Television and Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) have announced the signing of a definitive agreement to establish a new streaming video joint venture to be branded 'Crackle Plus'.
News categories: Sony Pictures Television, CSS Entertainment, Mike Hopkins, William J. Rouhana Jr, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu launches live TV streaming service
May 3, 2017 – Hulu has announced the launch of the company’s live TV streaming beta service, along with a new user experience. Viewers who subscribe enjoy live and on demand programming from more than 50 channels — plus Hulu's streaming library.
News categories: Hulu, Mike Hopkins, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up NBCUniversal for its upcoming live TV streaming service
May 1, 2017 – Hulu and NBCUniversal have reached a distribution agreement that will bring NBC and Telemundo Owned Television Stations and portfolio of cable networks to Hulu’s upcoming new live TV streaming service.
News categories: Hulu, NBCUniversal, Mike Hopkins, Matt Bond, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up A+E Networks for upcoming live TV streaming service
Mar 10, 2017 – Hulu and A+E Networks have announced an affiliate agreement that will bring all six original brands from the A+E Networks Family to Hulu’s new live TV streaming service, set to launch this spring.
News categories: Hulu, A+E Networks, Mike Hopkins, Nancy Dubuc, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up CBS for its upcoming live TV service
Jan 4, 2017 – Hulu has announced an agreement with CBS Corporation to carry America's most-watched broadcast network, CBS, as well as popular sports and entertainment channels CBS Sports Network and POP, with the potential to add additional networks in the future.
News categories: Hulu, CBS Corporation, Mike Hopkins, Ray Hopkins, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up 21st Century Fox and Walt Disney for new streaming service
Nov 1, 2016 – Hulu has announced affiliate agreements with 21st Century Fox and The Walt Disney Company that will add to the line-up of programming that will be available through Hulu’s forthcoming TV streaming service.
News categories: Hulu, 21st Century Fox, Walt Disney, Mike Hopkins, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu subscribers up 30% YoY; adds ad partnerships
May 4, 2016 – Hulu has announced that its subscriber base has grown over 30% year over year and will reach 12 million subscribers in the U.S. by this month. Hulu also unveiled new content deals and advertising partnerships with Nielsen and Millward Brown.
News categories: Hulu, BrightLine, Millward Brown, Mike Hopkins, Peter Naylor, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan