Digital TV News: Paul Gray
HDR TV shipments to exceed 32 million in 2019
Oct 20, 2015 – High dynamic range (HDR) TV sets, offering enhanced brightness for a broader palette of light outputs and sparkling highlights, will soon be commonplace in the global ultra-high-definition (UHD) TV market, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Paul Gray, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
8K TV shipments to approach one million units in 2019
Jul 13, 2015 – The advent of 8K broadcasting in Japan for the 2020 Olympics is expected to spur a new round of resolution increases, even though shipments have not yet started in serious commercial volumes, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS, Paul Gray, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
More 4K UHD TVs shipped in Q2 2014 than in all 2013
Aug 28, 2014 – More 4K ultra-HD (UHD) TV sets were shipped in the second quarter (Q2) of 2014 than shipped all year in 2013, according to the NPD DisplaySearch Quarterly Global TV Shipment and Forecast Report.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Paul Gray, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Curved TV screens leap into the global market
Apr 7, 2014 – According to the latest NPD DisplaySearch Quarterly TV Design and Features Report, curved TV display shipments are now forecast to reach nearly 800K units in 2014, and are expected to exceed 6M units by the end of 2017.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Paul Gray, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
DTVKit announces launch at TV Connect
Mar 18, 2014 – The DTVKit Open Software Foundation (DTVKit) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to developing and maintaining a shared pool of software building blocks for CE products based on DVB standards.
News categories: DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, Paul Martin, Paul Cox, Paul Gray, Middleware, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Chinese TV set makers most aggressive with 4K TV marketing
Oct 21, 2013 – According to NPD DisplaySearch, 1.3 million 4K TV sets will ship globally in 2013, rising to 23 million in 2017, and Chinese set makers are looking to break out of their domestic market and challenge Samsung, LGE, Sony, Panasonic, and other 4K TV leaders on a global stage.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Paul Gray, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Hillcrest motion, gesture and cursor control for Hisense smart TVs and set-tops
Sep 4, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs and Hisense have announced a strategic partnership by which Hisense will deploy Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control software in its next-generation of Smart TVs and Pulse set-top boxes.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Hisense, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
2013 to be Breakout Year for 4Kx2K TV
Jan 29, 2013 – More than half a million 4Kx2K TVs are forecast to ship this year, growing to more than 7 million by 2016, according to NPD DisplaySearch. The 4Kx2K trend was first seen at IFA 2012 as TV manufacturers search for the next technology transition to attract consumers to upgrade their TVs.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Smart TV Shipments Grow 15% Worldwide in 2012
Oct 17, 2012 – Smart TVs are moving from a novelty to mainstream, with shipments expected to grow 15% worldwide in 2012. With the shift, regional preferences and TV consumption habits are changing, according to the latest DisplaySearch Smart TV Report.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
- SeaChange powers Screen iL TV service featuring Israeli content
- Bangladesh's MiME selects UniqCast's OTT/IPTV solution
- Converge launches VISION home entertainment service in the Philippines
- DELTA Fiber expands fiber network to 2 million addresses
- High-speed fibre overtakes DSL in OECD countries
- Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020