Digital TV News: Peter Fregelius
Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
Nov 18, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that the new Swisscom Entertainment OS 4 STB is built on its far-field voice (FFV) IPTV reference design. The design integrates Synaptics' multimedia processor with FFV and a custom wake word to support Swisscom’s assistant.
News categories: Synaptics, Swisscom, Saleel Awsare, Peter Fregelius, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Switzerland
Swisscom uses Cisco UHD encoding for live 4K content
Jun 30, 2016 – Swisscom TV 2.0, the leader of the Swiss digital TV market with over 1.4 million subscribers, has deployed the Cisco® Ultra High Definition (UHD) Live Encoding solution for its UHD viewing experience for the European Football Championship 2016.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Swisscom, Yves Padrines, Peter Fregelius, Content Distribution, IPTV, Switzerland
Swisscom deploys 4K Ultra HD with Nokia
Apr 18, 2016 – Nokia has announced that Swisscom has deployed the Nokia 5910 Video Services Appliance (VSA) to deliver its Swisscom TV 2.0 service, including 4K Ultra High Definition, to subscribers - the largest digital TV customer base in Switzerland.
News categories: Nokia, Swisscom, Anthony Berkeley, Peter Fregelius, Content Distribution, IPTV, Switzerland
Swisscom upgrades Verimatrix content protection to secure UHD service
Oct 1, 2015 – Verimatrix has announced that Swisscom is deploying VCAS Ultra, its next-generation Video Content Authority System (VCAS) architecture. This decision equips Swisscom with a comprehensive and scalable multi-network revenue security approach for its new TV box.
News categories: Verimatrix, Swisscom, Marvell, Steve Oetegenn, Peter Fregelius, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Swisscom offers Marvell-based Ultra HD Android IPTV STBs
Sep 16, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) has expanded its partnership with Swisscom to launch a new line of Ultra HD (UHD) Android IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) powered by Marvell's ARMADA 1500 Ultra (88DE3218) system-on-chip (SoC).
News categories: Marvell, Swisscom, Weili Dai, Peter Fregelius, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic