Digital TV News: Rich Warren
Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
May 27, 2020 – Comcast has announced that existing Xfinity HBO customers will have access to HBO Max at no additional cost via the HBO Max app and website while the companies work to quickly bring the app to the Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex platforms.
News categories: Comcast, WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rebecca Heap, Rich Warren, Digital TV
WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
May 20, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that the latest companies to sign on to distribute HBO Max at launch include Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Verizon.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rich Warren, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, Streaming, USA
HBO Max to be available on Apple devices at launch
Apr 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that HBO Max will be available on Apple devices when it debuts on May 27, 2020. At launch, customers will be able to access HBO Max on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Apple, Rich Warren, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, USA
HBO Max to be available to Charter customers at launch
Apr 15, 2020 – WarnerMedia and Charter Communications have announced a distribution agreement that will make HBO Max, WarnerMedia’s anticipated streaming platform, available to Charter customers when it launches next month.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Charter Communications, Rich Warren, Tom Montemagno, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks