Digital TV News: Rich Warren
Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
May 27, 2020 – Comcast has announced that existing Xfinity HBO customers will have access to HBO Max at no additional cost via the HBO Max app and website while the companies work to quickly bring the app to the Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex platforms.
News categories: Comcast, WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rebecca Heap, Rich Warren, Digital TV
WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
May 20, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that the latest companies to sign on to distribute HBO Max at launch include Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Verizon.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rich Warren, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Games Console, IPTV, OTT, USA
HBO Max to be available on Apple devices at launch
Apr 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that HBO Max will be available on Apple devices when it debuts on May 27, 2020. At launch, customers will be able to access HBO Max on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Apple, Rich Warren, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
HBO Max to be available to Charter customers at launch
Apr 15, 2020 – WarnerMedia and Charter Communications have announced a distribution agreement that will make HBO Max, WarnerMedia’s anticipated streaming platform, available to Charter customers when it launches next month.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Charter Communications, Rich Warren, Tom Montemagno, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert