Digital TV News: Shinji Takada
SKY PerfecTV! to begin world’s first 4K HDR broadcast in October
Jul 29, 2016 – SKY Perfect JSAT will commence the world’s first 4K HDR broadcast on October 4, 2016, during timeslots on its dedicated 4K channel 'SKY PerfecTV! 4K Experience' (launched on May 1, 2016).
News categories: SKY Perfect, Shinji Takada, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite, Smart TV
SKY Perfect JSAT to demonstrate 4K HDR via JCSAT-3A
Nov 4, 2015 – SKY Perfect JSAT has announced plans to transmit 4K HDR videos using its JCSAT-3A satellite. The demonstration will be shown at the International Broadcast Equipment Exhibition (Inter BEE), held November 18–20, 2015 at Makuhari Messe.
News categories: SKY Perfect, Shinji Takada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
SKY Perfect JSAT to offer two 4K channels from March 1, 2015
Sep 25, 2014 – SKY Perfect JSAT has announced that it will begin broadcasting two new channels, the world's first dedicated 4K channels, on the SKY PerfecTV! Premium Service on Sunday, March 1, 2015.
News categories: SKY Perfect JSAT, NexTV-F, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
SSL selected to provide two satellites to SKY Perfect JSAT
Apr 17, 2014 – Space Systems/Loral (SSL) has announced that it was selected to provide two communications satellites to SKY Perfect JSAT.
News categories: Space Systems/Loral, SKY Perfect, John Celli, Shinji Takada, Content Distribution, Japan, Satellite
SKY PerfecTV! adds 11,000 subscribers in 1Q 2014
Apr 2, 2014 – SKY Perfect JSAT has announced the number of subscribers to SKY PerfecTV! as of the end of March 2014. The company finished the quarter with a total of 3.717 million pay TV subscribers, 11 thousand up compared with the end of 2013.
News categories: SKY Perfect, Shinji Takada, Japan, Satellite, Subscribers
- Proximus adds personalized suggestions from Netflix to Pickx
- Ateme services available in AWS Marketplace
- BADR-6 satellite at 26°E out of action
- Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
- SeaChange powers 'VIDAA Free' ad-supported video streaming hub
- Kudelski Digital TV segment sales lower-than-expected in Q4 2022
- Streaming TV platform Atmosphere receives funding at $1bn valuation
- CTV and gaming to generate annual digital ad spend of £4bn in the UK by 2026
- Roku and DoorDash partner to offer on-demand delivery from the TV
- Magnite announces next generation CTV and OTT monetization platform
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment