Digital TV News: Tim Sims
AMC Networks enables programmatic ad buying on linear networks
Oct 26, 2023 – AMC Networks has enabled programmatic ad buying on three of its linear networks, allowing advertisers to purchase ad inventory using their existing programmatic buying platforms.
News categories: AMC Networks, FreeWheel, The Trade Desk, Canoe Ventures, Evan Adlman, Mark McKee, Tim Sims, Shenan Reed, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Disney Advertising expands deal with The Trade Desk
Jul 12, 2022 – Disney Advertising and The Trade Desk have reached an agreement to enable the integration of Disney's Audience Graph with the open-source identity framework, Unified ID 2.0, within a secure environment.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Rita Ferro, Tim Sims, Aaron LaBerge, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Nearly half of American TV viewers already cordless
Jun 29, 2021 – Cordless TV consumers are on track to become the predominant TV consumer in the next year, according to the fourth Future of TV survey of more than 4,000 U.S. adults by The Trade Desk (Nasdaq: TTD).
News categories: The Trade Desk, Tim Sims, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
Jun 22, 2021 – Tubi has announced that it will be the first CTV publisher to implement Unified ID 2.0, the new industry-wide approach to internet identity that preserves the value of relevant advertising across digital ecosystems.
News categories: Tubi, Mark Rotblat, Tim Sims, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
Jan 12, 2021 – U.S. households are cancelling their cable subscriptions more rapidly than previously reported. Data from The Trade Desk (Nasdaq: TTD) shows 27% of U.S. cable TV subscribers are planning to cut their subscriptions in 2021.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Tim Sims, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
DISH Media offers set-top box VOD inventory programmatically
Apr 22, 2020 – DISH Media has made its VOD ads available for purchase programmatically. Now advertisers can bid on this linear inventory through auctions set up with demand-side platforms and deliver ads and receive impressions immediately.
News categories: DISH Media, The Trade Desk, Kevin Arrix, Tim Sims, Advertising, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024