Digital TV News: Tristia Harrison
Netflix launches on TalkTalk TV in the UK
Jan 12, 2015 – TalkTalk in the UK has announced that it has added Netflix to its TalkTalk TV broadband television service. YouView from TalkTalk homes that pre-registered will be amongst the first to receive it on their set top box.
News categories: TalkTalk, Netflix, Tristia Harrison, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming, UK
TalkTalk Group acquires Blinkbox from Tesco
Jan 8, 2015 – TalkTalk has acquired the blinkbox Movies business and the Tesco broadband and fixed line voice base from Tesco Plc. The assets have been acquired free of debt and as a single transaction for cash.
News categories: TalkTalk, Tesco, Dido Harding, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, UK
Huawei ships one million TalkTalk YouView set top boxes
Jun 25, 2014 – Huawei has announced the sale of one million YouView set-top boxes via their exclusive partnership with TalkTalk in the UK. Huawei were appointed as TalkTalk's exclusive hardware supplier at the launch of YouView in 2012.
News categories: Huawei, TalkTalk, YouView, Mark Mitchinson, Tristia Harrison, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, UK
TalkTalk boosts movie range with FilmFlex deal
Apr 23, 2014 – TalkTalk has announced a deal with FilmFlex Movies to bring its customers hundreds more movies on demand, with even more new releases available to rent on the same day as DVD.
News categories: TalkTalk, FilmFlex, Tristia Harrison, Jeff Henry, IPTV, UK
- TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack