Digital TV News: Tyson Tuttle
Silicon Labs to acquire Sigma Designs
Dec 7, 2017 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) and Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) have announced a definitive agreement under which Silicon Labs will acquire Sigma Designs for $7.05 per share in a cash transaction valued at approximately $282 million.
News categories: Silicon Labs, Sigma Designs, Tyson Tuttle, Thinh Q. Tran, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Silicon Labs Provides Mitsumi with Highly Integrated TV Tuner
Nov 18, 2009 – Silicon Labs (Nasdaq: SLAB) has announced that its Si2170 TV tuner has been selected by Mitsumi for IDTV and set-top box modules. The Si2170 enables size reduction with higher performance versus a mixed oscillator PLL-based solution.
News categories: Silicon Laboratories, Mitsumi, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Silicon Labs Introduces the Highest Performance Single-Chip Hybrid TV Tuner
Jun 29, 2009 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has announced the Si2170, a globally-compliant hybrid TV tuner with analog TV demodulator in a single CMOS IC - the industry's first silicon TV tuner to exceed the performance of traditional discrete TV tuners.
News categories: Silicon Labs, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Silicon Laboratories Introduces Industry's Smallest Multi-Standard Digital Video Demodulator
Apr 2, 2008 – Silicon Laboratories (NASDAQ: SLAB) has announced the Si2161 and Si2165 digital video demodulators, the smallest, lowest power and highest performance demodulator solutions to support DVB-T, DVB-C and fixed reception DVB-H in a single chip.
News categories: Silicon Laboratories, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars