Digital TV News: Tyson Tuttle
Silicon Labs to acquire Sigma Designs
Dec 7, 2017 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) and Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) have announced a definitive agreement under which Silicon Labs will acquire Sigma Designs for $7.05 per share in a cash transaction valued at approximately $282 million.
News categories: Silicon Labs, Sigma Designs, Tyson Tuttle, Thinh Q. Tran, Digital TV, MnA, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Silicon Labs Provides Mitsumi with Highly Integrated TV Tuner
Nov 18, 2009 – Silicon Labs (Nasdaq: SLAB) has announced that its Si2170 TV tuner has been selected by Mitsumi for IDTV and set-top box modules. The Si2170 enables size reduction with higher performance versus a mixed oscillator PLL-based solution.
News categories: Silicon Laboratories, Mitsumi, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Silicon Labs Introduces the Highest Performance Single-Chip Hybrid TV Tuner
Jun 29, 2009 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has announced the Si2170, a globally-compliant hybrid TV tuner with analog TV demodulator in a single CMOS IC - the industry's first silicon TV tuner to exceed the performance of traditional discrete TV tuners.
News categories: Silicon Labs, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Silicon Laboratories Introduces Industry's Smallest Multi-Standard Digital Video Demodulator
Apr 2, 2008 – Silicon Laboratories (NASDAQ: SLAB) has announced the Si2161 and Si2165 digital video demodulators, the smallest, lowest power and highest performance demodulator solutions to support DVB-T, DVB-C and fixed reception DVB-H in a single chip.
News categories: Silicon Laboratories, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0