Digital TV News: Tyson Tuttle
Silicon Labs to acquire Sigma Designs
Dec 7, 2017 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) and Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) have announced a definitive agreement under which Silicon Labs will acquire Sigma Designs for $7.05 per share in a cash transaction valued at approximately $282 million.
News categories: Silicon Labs, Sigma Designs, Tyson Tuttle, Thinh Q. Tran, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Silicon Labs Provides Mitsumi with Highly Integrated TV Tuner
Nov 18, 2009 – Silicon Labs (Nasdaq: SLAB) has announced that its Si2170 TV tuner has been selected by Mitsumi for IDTV and set-top box modules. The Si2170 enables size reduction with higher performance versus a mixed oscillator PLL-based solution.
News categories: Silicon Laboratories, Mitsumi, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Silicon Labs Introduces the Highest Performance Single-Chip Hybrid TV Tuner
Jun 29, 2009 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has announced the Si2170, a globally-compliant hybrid TV tuner with analog TV demodulator in a single CMOS IC - the industry's first silicon TV tuner to exceed the performance of traditional discrete TV tuners.
News categories: Silicon Labs, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Silicon Laboratories Introduces Industry's Smallest Multi-Standard Digital Video Demodulator
Apr 2, 2008 – Silicon Laboratories (NASDAQ: SLAB) has announced the Si2161 and Si2165 digital video demodulators, the smallest, lowest power and highest performance demodulator solutions to support DVB-T, DVB-C and fixed reception DVB-H in a single chip.
News categories: Silicon Laboratories, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India