Digital TV News: Tyson Tuttle
Silicon Labs to acquire Sigma Designs
Dec 7, 2017 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) and Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) have announced a definitive agreement under which Silicon Labs will acquire Sigma Designs for $7.05 per share in a cash transaction valued at approximately $282 million.
News categories: Silicon Labs, Sigma Designs, Tyson Tuttle, Thinh Q. Tran, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Silicon Labs Provides Mitsumi with Highly Integrated TV Tuner
Nov 18, 2009 – Silicon Labs (Nasdaq: SLAB) has announced that its Si2170 TV tuner has been selected by Mitsumi for IDTV and set-top box modules. The Si2170 enables size reduction with higher performance versus a mixed oscillator PLL-based solution.
News categories: Silicon Laboratories, Mitsumi, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Silicon Labs Introduces the Highest Performance Single-Chip Hybrid TV Tuner
Jun 29, 2009 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has announced the Si2170, a globally-compliant hybrid TV tuner with analog TV demodulator in a single CMOS IC - the industry's first silicon TV tuner to exceed the performance of traditional discrete TV tuners.
News categories: Silicon Labs, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Silicon Laboratories Introduces Industry's Smallest Multi-Standard Digital Video Demodulator
Apr 2, 2008 – Silicon Laboratories (NASDAQ: SLAB) has announced the Si2161 and Si2165 digital video demodulators, the smallest, lowest power and highest performance demodulator solutions to support DVB-T, DVB-C and fixed reception DVB-H in a single chip.
News categories: Silicon Laboratories, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022