Digital TV News: VideoAmp
Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
Jun 23, 2022 – Frost & Sullivan has released findings of an analysis assessing the capabilities of eight leading television data providers. The '2022 Frost Radar on Television Viewership Data Providers' found Samba TV to be the leader in TV data capabilities.
News categories: Samba TV, Frost & Sullivan, Ashwin Navin, Robert Cavin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
TelevisaUnivision and VideoAmp partner on audience measurement
Jun 21, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision and VideoAmp have announced a partnership in which TelevisaUnivision will use VideoAmp’s data to power its advanced advertising solutions. TelevisaUnivision will connect VideoAmp's data to its Hispanic household graph.
News categories: VideoAmp, TelevisaUnivision, Michael Parkes, Dan Aversano, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
May 16, 2022 – Conviva is to unveil a streaming audience measurement standard to be released for general availability at CES 2023. The expansion is in partnership with premium streaming providers using Conviva’s real-time cloud sessionization technology.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Advertising, Big Data, CES2023, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
WarnerMedia and IPG Mediabrands run audience-based currencies comparison
Apr 7, 2022 – WarnerMedia Ad Sales and IPG Mediabrands have launched a test-and-learn for alternative measures of video ad performance to provide a side-by-side look at three contenders in the alternative currency space when running the same campaigns.
News categories: WarnerMedia, MAGNA, IPG Mediabrands, JP Colaco, Dani Benowitz, Brian Hughes, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
VideoAmp and TiVo renew data licensing partnership
Apr 7, 2022 – VideoAmp has renewed its data licensing partnership with TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER). TiVo's TV dataset captures viewership behavior on both live and time-shifted content with a second-by-second data stream across its household footprint.
News categories: VideoAmp, TiVo, Nick Chakalos, Fariba Zamaniyan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
VideoAmp cross-platform measurement adds Comcast data
Feb 24, 2022 – VideoAmp will incorporate aggregated viewership data from Comcast's footprint into its measurement, bringing more stability and reliability to its local, national and cross-platform audience ratings and impression measurement.
News categories: VideoAmp, Comcast Advertising, Ross McCray, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Discovery and OMG plan audience measurement trials
Feb 23, 2022 – Discovery and OMG have announced a data trial pilot, aiming to validate that burgeoning measurement services provide stable and accurate audience estimates. Comscore and VideoAmp will serve as the video measurement services for the initial set of advertisers.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., Omnicom Media Group, Comscore, VideoAmp, Jon Steinlauf, Geoff Calabrese, Carol Hinnant, Michael Parkes, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
WarnerMedia Ad Sales chooses measurement partners
Jan 6, 2022 – WarnerMedia Ad Sales has completed its preliminary discovery process for alternative measurement partners. Comscore, iSpot.tv and VideoAmp have been selected to help WarnerMedia develop its portfolio of measurement solutions.
News categories: WarnerMedia Ad Sales, Comscore, iSpot.tv, VideoAmp, Andrea Zapata, Carol Hinnant, Stuart Schwartzapfel, Ross McCray, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
OpenAP launches TV cross-platform measurement framework powered by OpenID
Dec 9, 2021 – OpenAP has announced the launch of XPm, a cross-platform measurement framework. XPm is the collective TV publisher response to the ANA's call to evolve to a cross-screen media measurement framework for marketers.
News categories: OpenAP, VAB, GroupM, ANA, David Levy, Sean Cunningham, Matt Sweeney, Bill Tucker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes