Digital TV News: Omantel
Omantel offers Humax OTT Android set-top box
Jun 19, 2016 – Omantel has announced the launch of Humax H1 – an Android set-top box that bundles popular content providers including beIN Sports, ICFLIX, Starz Play, Mavshack, OSN GO, Kids content and YouTube.
News categories: Omantel, Humax, Saleh Al Maimani, Digital TV, Middleware, Oman, OTT, Set Top Box
Omantel opts for ARRIS set-top boxes
Apr 24, 2016 – Omantel has selected ARRIS VIP2262v2 DVR set-tops to deliver DVR capabilities and on-demand HD content for its new Omantel TV+ service. Omantel subscribers will use the ARRIS set-tops to access more than 450 TV channels over their broadband connection.
News categories: ARRIS, Omantel, Steve McCaffery, Ali Haded, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman, Set Top Box
Omantel launches its IPTV service
Jan 27, 2016 – Omantel has announced the launch of Omantel TV+, its IPTV service. Omantel TV+ will enable subscribers to watch news, sports, entertainment and the latest movies, with 450+ popular TV channels, 1100+ movies and 3500+ TV series.
News categories: Omantel, Talal Al Mamari, Haitham Al Kharusi, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman
Omantel to offer IPTV based on du's technology platform
Oct 21, 2015 – du has announced that it has signed an IPTV partnership agreement with Omantel, Oman’s largest telecom operator. Through the tie up, Omantel will be able to launch IPTV in its local market using du’s IPTV platform.
News categories: 'du', Omantel, Osman Sultan, Talal Said Marhoon Al Mamari, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs