Digital TV News: d2h
Dish TV launches 'Watcho’ OTT app and forays into original content
Apr 25, 2019 – Dish TV India has announced the launch of OTT app 'Watcho'. Watcho aims to offer content catering to young audiences across the country and not just Urban India. Dish TV is the first DTH company in India to launch a dedicated OTT platform with its own original content.
News categories: Dish TV India, Watcho, Anil Dua, Akash Tyagi, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT
Dish TV India adds 142,000 subscribers in 4Q 2018
Feb 5, 2019 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported third quarter fiscal 2019 results. The company added 142 thousand net new subscribers during the period to give a closing subscriber base of 23.6 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Dish TV India deploys MediaKind video processing platform
Dec 20, 2018 – MediaKind has announced that DishTV India will deploy the MediaKind AVP 4000 video processing platform to deliver enhanced, next-generation immersive experiences to over 23.5 million subscribers.
News categories: MediaKind, DishTV India, Anil Dua, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Dish TV India adds 200,000 subscribers in 3Q 2018
Oct 25, 2018 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2018. Subscriber additions for the period were 200 thousand giving a closing net subscriber base of 23.5 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Dish TV India adds 301,000 subscribers in 2Q 2018
Jul 9, 2018 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2018. Subscriber growth picked up speed during the quarter with 301,000 net additions resulting in a closing subscriber base of 23.3 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, Jawahar Goel, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
India active DTH subscribers down 30,000 in 1Q 2018
Jun 27, 2018 – According to figures submitted to TRAI, active satellite pay TV subscriptions in India reached 67.53 million at the end of March 2018, down 0.03 million versus the end of the previous quarter, and up 3.92 million year-on-year.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
ALi provides pre-integrated solution for Videocon d2h HD STBs
Mar 7, 2018 – ALi Corporation and Videocon d2h have announced that they have cooperated on the development of a next-generation HD set-top box solution. The SoC provided by ALi is pre-integrated with the software ecosystem of Videocon.
News categories: ALi Corp, Videocon d2h, Willis Chang, Saurabh Dhoot, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Videocon d2h adds 160,000 net subscribers in 4Q 2017
Feb 12, 2018 – Videocon d2h (NASDAQ: VDTH) has announced results for the quarter ended December 31, 2017. The Company added 0.56 million gross subscribers and 0.16 million net subscribers during the quarter. Net subscribers totaled 13.41 million as of December 31, 2017.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Saurabh Dhoot, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Videocon d2h adds 210,000 net subscribers in 3Q 2017
Nov 28, 2017 – Videocon d2h (NASDAQ:VDTH) has announced results for the quarter ended September 30, 2017. The Company added 0.45 million gross subscribers and 0.21 million net subscribers during Q2 FY18. Net subscribers totaled 13.25 million as of September 30, 2017.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Saurabh Dhoot, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV