Digital TV News: Iliad
IPTV and cable TV subscribers on opposite trajectories
Nov 7, 2013 – According to Infonetics Research's Pay TV Subscriber Database, from 4Q12 to 1Q13, IPTV subscribers grew over 6% worldwide, while cable video subs declined around 1%.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
World's 20 largest IPTV operators serve 83% of global IPTV households
Jun 6, 2013 – An SNL Kagan analysis of the world's 20 largest IPTV providers shows that a handful of operators dominate the global IPTV market with a geographic concentration in Western Europe and Asia-Pacific.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Subscribers
Cable TV Losing Subscribers to Satellite and IPTV
Nov 20, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its November 2012 Pay TV Services and Subscribers report, which forecasts and analyzes the telco Internet protocol television (IPTV), cable video, and satellite video services markets.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Cable Still King of Pay-TV, but Satellite and IPTV Poised for Takeover
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released its latest Pay-TV Services and Subscribers report. The global pay-TV market, including cable, satellite, and IPTV video services, totaled $261 billion in 2011 and is forecast to grow to $371 billion by 2016.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Satellite and IPTV Gaining Fast on Cable Video; Netflix, Amazon Threat Insignificant So Far
Nov 1, 2011 – Infonetics Research does not expect OTT to have a significant impact on pay TV subscribers because operators are responding to OTT with their own enhanced delivery offerings. Cable video's share is expected to decline as satellite video increases.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Free Deploys Movea's MotionIC™ In Next Generation Remote Controls
Jan 4, 2011 – Iliad's Free has announced that it is deploying Movea's MotionIC™ technologies in next generation remote controls that will come with the new Freebox set-top box (STB) launched in late December 2010 in France.
News categories: Iliad, Movea, France, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Free introduces Freebox Revolution Gateway and Set-top Box
Dec 14, 2010 – As part of its new Freebox Revolution offer, Iliad subsidiary Free has introduced the 'freebox server' home gateway and Intel® (NASDAQ: INTC) ATOM™ CE4100 processor-based 'freebox player' set-top box to the French market.
News categories: Iliad, Intel Corp, Apps, Blu-ray, Broadband, Digital TV, Fibre, France, Gateway, Home Networking, Home Server, IPTV, Personal Video Recorder, Powerline, Router, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
Free adds 4 channels and 2 VOD services in 3D
Sep 30, 2010 – Iliad has announced the introduction of 4 new channels and 2 new video on demand services (VOD) exclusive to its 'Free' IPTV offer and broadcast in 3D. Free is the first in France to broadcast genuine 3D channels.
News categories: Iliad, 3D, Digital TV, France, IPTV
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal