Digital TV News: Philips
httv implements Marlin DRM for its HbbTV 1.5 Open Middleware
Mar 19, 2013 – httv has announced that 'httvLink', its middleware for connected TV receivers, implements Intertrust's Marlin DRM for the coming HbbTV 1.5 markets. httvLink is based on open source technologies (Linux, Webkit, QT, DirectFB) and open standards (HTML5 and HbbTV).
News categories: httv, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
4K×2K LCD TV Panel Shipments Expected to Reach 2.6M in 2013
Mar 14, 2013 – According to the latest NPD DisplaySearch Quarterly Large Area TFT Panel Shipment Report, TFT LCD panel suppliers are forecast to ship 2.6 million 4K×2K LCD TV panels (also known as Ultra HD) worldwide in 2013, up more than 40-fold from 63 thousand in 2012.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Morega Powers Video Streaming for TP Vision Smart TV Series
Jan 7, 2013 – Morega Systems has announced that TP Vision has deployed Morega’s software to power its 'Wi-Fi smart screen' feature. The technology allows customers to stream content from their Smart TV to any iOS device within the home running the Philips MyRemote App.
News categories: Morega Systems, Apps, CES, Home Networking, Middleware, Smartphone, Tablet
Philips makes Viaplay available on Smart TVs
Oct 4, 2012 – Philips and Viaplay have signed an agreement for the launch of Viaplay across the Nordic countries on Philips Smart TV platform. Users with a Viaplay subscription will be able to access the service directly through their Philips smart TV.
News categories: Philips, Viaplay, Denmark, Finland, Norway, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
IBM Cloud to Deliver Home Entertainment Services for Philips Smart TVs
Aug 31, 2012 – IBM (NYSE: IBM) has unveiled a cloud platform for CE firms and announced that it will power the Philips Smart TV platform for Internet services, which will deliver interactive services to TV viewers in Europe, as well as Brazil and Argentina.
News categories: IBM, Philips, TP Vision, Argentina, Brazil, Europe, IFA, Infrastructure, OTT, Smart TV
BRIC Countries to Drive DTT Receiver Market
Jul 23, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the DTT Receiver market. The active base for DTT Receivers is projected to reach 2.4 billion units by 2018, driven by TV digitization in the BRIC countries.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
HISPASAT makes first transmissions of second generation 3DTV
Jul 4, 2012 – HISPASAT has made the world's first demonstration of the JEDI television channel in 3D compatible with the MVC (Multiview Video Coding) format. With this format it’s possible to transmit the same content in HD and 3D Full HD on the same signal.
News categories: HISPASAT, JEDI consortium, 3D, Digital TV, Satellite
DDB Smart TV technology platform launched in India
Jun 21, 2012 – The DDB Foundation has launched its Digital Direct Broadcast technology platform in India. DDB-enabled televisions are able to receive digital signals without the need of a set-top box, work on files in the cloud, browse websites and convert 2D channels into 3D.
News categories: DDB Foundation, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
- VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
- The days of fast global pay TV revenue growth are over
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013