Georgia Digital TV News
'Global TV' DTH to launch in Georgia on Eutelsat 36B
Mar 22, 2013 – JSC Global Contact Consulting has announced that it has selected Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) for a new satellite broadcasting platform in Georgia called 'Global TV'. JSC Global Contact Consulting will initiate satellite broadcasting this month, starting with four free-to-air channels.
News categories: Eutelsat, Global Contact, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Georgia, Satellite
MagtiSat adds fourth ASTRA transponder for Georgia
Jan 24, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that MagtiCom has signed an agreement for a fourth transponder at the ASTRA 31.5°E orbital position after the first year of operations of MagtiSat, Georgia's first domestic DTH satellite platform.
News categories: SES S.A, MagtiSat, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, Georgia, Satellite
MagtiSat - First DTH TV platform in Georgia starts via ASTRA
Jan 17, 2012 – SES (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) and MagtiCom have announced the launch of MagtiSat, Georgia's first domestic direct-to-home (DTH) satellite platform, via ASTRA. The pay-TV offer will be available beginning January 23, 2012.
News categories: MagtiCom, SES S.A., Digital TV, DVB-S2, Georgia, Satellite
Georgia's Silknet Launches Subscription TV Offering with Orca Interactive
Sep 12, 2011 – Orca Interactive (Paris: FTE; NYSE: FTE) has announced that Georgia-based SilkNet has selected Orca Interactive to supply its RiGHTv middleware and COMPASS Content Discovery and Recommendations platform for their subscription TV service.
News categories: Orca Interactive, SilkNet, Digital TV, DVR, Georgia, Middleware, Set Top Box
MagtiCom Uses SES Capacity to Launch First Domestic Pay TV Operations in Georgia
Sep 8, 2011 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed an agreement with MagtiCom for several transponders at its 31.5° East orbital position. MagtiCom will use the capacity to launch Georgia's first domestic direct-to-home (DTH) television platform.
News categories: SES S.A., MagtiCom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Georgia, Satellite
Magticom to launch IPTV in Georgia
Nov 11, 2009 – Georgian mobile operator Magticom has announced that the IPTV service that it plans to launch in the country is to be called Magti TV.
News categories: Magticom, Georgia, IPTV
United Telecom to launch IPTV in Georgia
Oct 12, 2009 – Georgia's United Telecom plans to launch its Novus TV IPTV service in Tbilisi from October 15th, with a roll out across the whole of the country in early 2010.
News categories: United Telecom, Digital TV, Georgia, IPTV
Georgia to have first DTH platform
Sep 25, 2009 – Georgian TV homes will shortly be able to receive the country's first digital satellite TV platform. Due for launch by the end of 2009 and comprising Georgia's two public channels plus two private channels, the service will at 36° East.
News categories: Eutelsat, Digital TV, Georgia, Satellite
Ericsson Nikola Tesla signs IPTV contract in Georgia
Aug 10, 2009 – Ericsson Nikola Tesla (Zagreb: ERNT-R-A) has signed an IPTV contract with Georgian mobile operator Magticom for an end-to-end IPTV solution including provision of middleware, headend, VoD, satellite antenna subsystem and set-top boxes.
News categories: Ericsson Nikola Tesla, Magticom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Georgia, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E