Digital TV News: Aluma
Half of ad-supported Netflix subscribers find the ad load heavy
Apr 24, 2023 – Though Netflix's ad-supported tier averages less than 5 minutes of ads per hour, 49% of Basic with Ads subscribers found it to varying degrees heavy, with 17% seeing it as excessive, according to Aluma.
News categories: Aluma, Michael Greeson, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Smart TVs account for half of U.S. OTT TV viewing
Apr 3, 2023 – Research from Aluma Insights finds U.S. adult SVOD viewers spend half their streaming TV time watching on smart TVs, up from 31% in 2015, 2.5 times the contribution of streaming media players.
News categories: Aluma Insights, Michael Greeson, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
Mar 14, 2023 – Research from Aluma Insights finds two-thirds of U.S. Netflix buyers view the service as indispensable, with more than half of subscribers considering Hulu and Disney+ to be essential.
News categories: Aluma, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Perhaps live sports not so critical for pay-TV subscriber retention?
Oct 31, 2022 – According to Aluma, while 18% of U.S. pay-TV subscribers are moderately likely to cancel service if their favorite sport moved its live games exclusively to subscription streaming services, only 8% would 'definitely' cancel.
News categories: Aluma, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Video services far down 'Cut List' but still impacted by inflation
Aug 24, 2022 – One-fourth of U.S. households have downgraded or cancelled a subscription streaming video (SVOD) or pay-TV service due to the rising costs of consumer goods, services, and housing, according to Aluma Insights.
News categories: Aluma Insights, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027